Pb Jew,on A Plastic

johnny doi

hi raiders,

i fished the georges yesterday arvo[17-03-10] with mate josh.after a slow start & 1 bream landed after 2hrs of casting we moved to a spot where we landed a few duskys & bream a couple days prior.3rd cast & im hooked up solid to a good fish.it hit my plastic no more than 3m from my feet.i called it for a big croc.the first run was long & powerful on my light flick stick.it was a good 5-8min fight,gaining line then loosing it a few times.it wasnt until mid fight when it surfaced mid chanel when we got our first glimpes of it.big & silver. :1yikes: not long after that i had it on the sand after some good coaching on rod angles from josh.wow what an awesome fish.we didnt have a tape measure with us & it wasnt until we got home it was measured & went 93cms & we estimate it to be 12-16lb.very solid fish with thick shoulderswe took some pics on my mobile & josh's camera.when it comes to adding pics,im very s*** when it comes to this type of stuff.i sent some pics to a couple raiders on my mobile so hopefully one of you guys can attach it for me.it would be much appreciated if i could get the pics up.i'l keep trying in the meantime but im not liking my chances.

the jew was landed just before 6pm & at that time,the tide was just bottoming out & starting to run back in for the section of river we were fishing.we fished for another 45mins or so after landing my pb jew but i didnt land anymore fish.josh on the other hand proceeded to land a hanful of flathead & few bream all on plastics also.they were all released.we kept the jew.i dont think a couple of meals of jew fillets from that section of river will kill me.lol

gear i used was my 7.2ft pfluger trion 3-5kg rod,2500 shimano reel spooled with 6lb braid & 6lb leader.plastic was a gulp curltail grub in 3in size.jighead was 2.5gm & size 2 hook.lucky for me it was a perfect hookup,in the corner of its gob.there was some nervous moments at first as i thought i had a big flatty & was hoping not to get rubbed off from the teeth.lucky for me it wasnt a flatty but a beautiful jew & everything held solid. :yahoo:

i really hope to get the pics up so others can see them.thanx for reading & i hope you enjoyed it.i surely enjoyed the fight & feel very happy to have landed such a great fish on light gear & on a lure too.its something i wont forget for a loooong time.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

p.s. if raiders can receive pics on your mobiles,pm me your number & il send some pics.

Edited by fisher doi

Congrats on the capture, 93 cm jewie on plastic! :thumbup:

Great report and thanks for sharing all the facts. Can't wait to see the pics :biggrin2:

It seems that a lot of the bigger jewies are being caught on the lighter gear. I guess that provides more evidence for the theory "fish light to get the bite".

Just noticed that it was landbased, wow and you hooked it 3m from shore, amazing!

Edited by monch

damn wherea bouts was that mate i was sittin at picnic point last night with the mrs she hooked up onto some small bream all i got on the SP's were tailor, and thats all :( had one hit on my blade but then it got hooked on a rock upon retrieval and that was lost :( im pretty bad with georges river

93cm's is a very nice jew on a plastic. :thumbup:

Congrats on the p.b. You would have been very excited!

I reckon your weight estimate is spot on. 7kg's sounds right for that length.

Great fun on light gear. It just goes to show that they can turn up anywhere at anytime!

Well done.

Cheers,

Grant.

Top effort Johnny! :thumbup:

Good lookin fish from the piccie you sent me last night, I will try and upload it later tonight on ya behalf OK.

Monch, I hooked some good jew at my feet (less than 2m from shore) in Lane Cove over the last few weeks, all on light gear but getting dusted is a pain.

Edited by wannabefisho

thanx guys,

the pic on my avatar is the fish.i dont know how it got there,i tried before but it didnt work.well at least its up there for you to see & hopefully some other pics will be put up.

anth,

thanx mate,it'l be great if youcan put the pics up.

dgf,

it was caught in the lansvale area.id heard of some being caught there in the past but by boat fishing livebaits in the deeper holes.i was not expecting a jew,i know we might of had a chance of one at that time of tide but was not expecting it,was expecting flathead so when we got her we were pumped.just goes to show if you got a line in the water your in with a chance.

btw byron,it was definately more than the 3-5lb you thought it was.maybe it was a bad pic i sent you.from mobile camera.

cheers johnny.

Edited by fisher doi