Bass Pt Sunday 21/03/10

sydneyfishoaddict

hi fellow raiders. took the wife and kids to shellharbour yesterday for our sunday drive. got to bass pt around midday and as always, it was packed. lucky, some fishos were leaving as i turned to the carpark and took their spot. quickly unloaded our gear and while i was rigging up the inspectors came. they checked everyone including me and they found heaps of bonitos abandoned on the rocks. what a waste. the dead bonitos were thrown back to the water. most of the fishos disappeared while the inspectors were there so i was very happy coz all of a sudden there were plenty of room to spin. i started spinning using the octopus lure with my 12ft rod and caught 3 bonitos in 10mins. after the 3rd bonito, i asked my 11yr old son to reel in the bonitos. my son loved it. its his 1st time to reel in a bonito. he managed to get 3 bonitos in 1 hr and the spot was packed again. my shoulder and arms started to hurt so i told my son its time to pack up and head home. we caught 7 bonitos all up and the wife was very happy.

hey mate

sounds like you had a good weekend nice cacth

just wonderign if you couldprovide me with a picture of the lure you used last weekedn i could seee bonito smashing bait fish on the surface

i threw eeverythign i had at them they didnt even look at sp's, vibration lures, baits, small squids or anythign very frustrating

hi fellow raiders. took the wife and kids to shellharbour yesterday for our sunday drive. got to bass pt around midday and as always, it was packed. lucky, some fishos were leaving as i turned to the carpark and took their spot. quickly unloaded our gear and while i was rigging up the inspectors came. they checked everyone including me and they found heaps of bonitos abandoned on the rocks. what a waste. the dead bonitos were thrown back to the water. most of the fishos disappeared while the inspectors were there so i was very happy coz all of a sudden there were plenty of room to spin. i started spinning using the octopus lure with my 12ft rod and caught 3 bonitos in 10mins. after the 3rd bonito, i asked my 11yr old son to reel in the bonitos. my son loved it. its his 1st time to reel in a bonito. he managed to get 3 bonitos in 1 hr and the spot was packed again. my shoulder and arms started to hurt so i told my son its time to pack up and head home. we caught 7 bonitos all up and the wife was very happy.

Thank God that the Fisheries Inspectors finally turned up at Bass piont i been ringing them every day for the last 2 months and reporting ppl keeping over there bag limit on Bonito or killing them then leaving them scattered over the rocks as they leave and keeping under size Kings and other species of fish. Some ppl just have no RESPECT it makes me sick :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2: :ranting2:

hi all,

My two brothers and I were at Bass Point on Sunday too. The place was packed as usual.

We got there just alittle after 6:30am. After a couple of hours we got out bag limit. 30 Bonnies.

The hour after that we started throwing back what ever we catches. The action was still hot when we left at 10am.

It was mainly Bonnies. Saw a couple of guys catching tuna.

I used a small 20g metal slice. My brothers were using the long trace with plastic squid at end on floaters rig. Both does the trick.