Just Gold

adjustedpete

I decided today was going to be the day my daughter was going to catch her first fish.She' 3 years old.smiley-angelic006.gifNo, I really didnt want to go fishing myself.So we set off from bayview, no wind and flat as a pancake. Ahh this is going to be a good day. First stop barrenjoey headland for a quick troll to see if any kingi's are lurking around. As we got there the wind picked up and she's not too good. " I feel sick daddy". Opps, I should of thought of that.smiley-angelic008.gif.I troll around to Avalon and back and pick up a decent bonnie. It was a little too big for her to handle, so I brought it in and she said that it was yucky and big. " I like small ones dad". Ookay where can I go for her?.Mmm flint and steel sounds good. We motor over, but on the way she really starts to feel sick. I say, lie down and have a little sleep and you will feel better and I keep heading to flint and steel.She goes to sleep on the back seat. God only knows how kids sleep anywhere.14ft tinnie, 2 stroke engine.I have a quick flick with my new carbon flick stick and abu garcia 810 spin reel for a donut. Time to move on, by this time the wind is a southerly at about 10/12 knots and my precious is still asleep. I motor back into pittwater, and just as I pass stokes point, lo and behold she wakes up.I dont feel sick anymore dad.I want to catch a fish, you promised.So i take her into one of the sheltered bays and set her up with a handline. Bait it up and toss it over, thinking to let her get the feel of fish biting.I get my flick stick out but before I can do anything, she's calling out"I can feel the fish dad. Shall I bring it in. Im laughing to myself,and say yeah bring your line in, thinking she just had a bite....Well blow me down if she didnt bring this little beauty in.I love this fish dad. Can we take him home?. Now I have to explain that he is too small and we have to put him back.Not happy Jack.Bait up again and this time she lowers the line into the water like a pro.Not even a minute later,she's yelling to me"Ive got a big one dad,its too big dad, its too big" I see the line pulling through her fingers and tell her to tighten her grip,she gets it almost to the surface but starts to cut into her little hands, so i grab the line and pull the fish the last meter into the boat. It was a 28cm bream.Yaahooo, she just fed herself.What a day.One to remember.Now all I have to do is figure out how Im gonna go fishing alone. Shes already asking about the next time.

post-2999-12694662396_thumb.jpg

post-2999-126946751153_thumb.jpg

post-2999-126946781845_thumb.jpg

Edited by adjustedpete

Awesome stuff Pete and now your lovely daughter will be taking over from you as the fish provider for the family biggrin2.gif

Cheers Stewy

That is so kewl! I love it when they get out on the water. We use to take my daughter out when she was lil, catch a coupla small fish, stick em in a bucket, she would watch them, get tired, eat, sleep in the cuddy cabin.. We could take her out for 5 or 6 hours. Now, at 7, she just wants to go fast!

My mate was tellin me about how he took his 7 yr old daughter for a fish on the river at Windsor the other night.. They were having a lovely time catchin lil fishies, when he gets a hook cuaght in his hand, gruntin and ouching trying to get it out.. His daughter looks at him and says "toughen up big fella" and goes back to fishin!!!!

Luffy...

Lovely post mate, she's a real cutey, it's just great when your offspring get thier first fish, glad you found a good spot to help ease the sicky feeling. So you know what to get her for a birthday pressie now.

Great work Pete and some top shots.. :thumbup:

That is awesome....

i know the feeling when i teach my girlfriend caught her 1st fish just a small bream though now she kept upstaging me when i took her fishing

her PB bream = 30cm+

i'm happy for her....maybe i should stick to handline hahahahaha

good stuff

-Tomski-

thats great!!

reminds me when my daughter was on the boat for the firat time and outgunned me

was a pleasure watching her smile and laugh

dont mind being outgunned by your kids

the whole experience is worth it!!