Bloddy Kings

prawn*

hay guys just got back from a eventfull after noon on the water yet again mate buzed me to hit some kings up so i decided to take him and get a couple hit the water about 3pm left work early hehe went to trusty squid spot was slow to start landed a monster squid biggest ive landed... and way after half an hour landed about 10 squid for bait, of to few spots i know that hold kings and first bait landed a 75cm king not a bad start before landing it there were about 10 following him up so i held him there and droped my mates rod in and said hold on bang!! he was on 2 i quickly self netted my king and mate was onto another 70cm+ model every bait got smashed and landed about 20 kings we kept 4 the biggest ran out of bait so i decided to throw out the large squid head about 30 seconds later i was on again only to pull the bait out of its mouth as i was winding up i could see about 10 decent kings attacking it eneded up loosing the head so quickly decided to throw on a jig and we both landed another 10 kings each at least on jigs only to throw back started to get dark so headed home boy my arms are aching now but a very memorable after noon couldnt believe how many kings we landed we lost count!!! cant wait for saturday!! :thumbup:

post-10665-126951122045_thumb.jpg

post-10665-12695112361_thumb.jpg

post-10665-126951125134_thumb.jpg

Well done on the kingies mate. Were you fishing middle harbour?

There are heaps of massive squid at the moment, as they come into the shallows to breed this time of year.

Good luck on the weekend, just be ready to move around as i found a school going nuts last weekend on saturday only to find fish at a different location the very next day!

G'day,

Man that sounds like a top sess.

We have had a lot of similar late arvo success. They seem to really come on and feed freely before dark - if you can find them.

With squid like that you are always going to do better than the rest.

Cheers

Mike

Guest Aussie007

nice catch mate both the kingy and whopper squid :thumbup: im pretty sure i know that spot as i was looking at that yellow house a couple of weekends ago thinking geez its an ugly house we fished there only for little snappers

nice catch mate both the kingy and whopper squid :thumbup: im pretty sure i know that spot as i was looking at that yellow house a couple of weekends ago thinking geez its an ugly house we fished there only for little snappers

hay gazza yeah we pulled up there on the way back for some photo's as it was to hard to take any photo's we were to busy catching fish,the kings were caught near et's house!!

Guest Aussie007

i downrigged through there yesterday two big schools of fish on the bottom a little more around to the left of your picture where the people fish off of the rocks nothing was interested

where is et's house?

i downrigged through there yesterday two big schools of fish on the bottom a little more around to the left of your picture where the people fish off of the rocks nothing was interested

where is et's house?

hay gazza good sign if there was schools of fish around there did u have any luck? et's house is iside shiprock little bay there,

Guest Aussie007

nah mate downrigged right through both balls of fish for nothing it was expected i used servo squid that was as red as a tomato

hay guys just got back from a eventfull after noon on the water yet again mate buzed me to hit some kings up so i decided to take him and get a couple hit the water about 3pm left work early hehe went to trusty squid spot was slow to start landed a monster squid biggest ive landed... and way after half an hour landed about 10 squid for bait, of to few spots i know that hold kings and first bait landed a 75cm king not a bad start before landing it there were about 10 following him up so i held him there and droped my mates rod in and said hold on bang!! he was on 2 i quickly self netted my king and mate was onto another 70cm+ model every bait got smashed and landed about 20 kings we kept 4 the biggest ran out of bait so i decided to throw out the large squid head about 30 seconds later i was on again only to pull the bait out of its mouth as i was winding up i could see about 10 decent kings attacking it eneded up loosing the head so quickly decided to throw on a jig and we both landed another 10 kings each at least on jigs only to throw back started to get dark so headed home boy my arms are aching now but a very memorable after noon couldnt believe how many kings we landed we lost count!!! cant wait for saturday!! :thumbup:

great effort mc, ive only ever caught small reddies and leather jackets on the hacking, tried for other stuff but no luck. good to see that the hacking holds decent fish

mick