Swansea Spinning

hooklineandsinker

hay raiders

i had been doing some work in morisset close to lake macquarie and had been fishing dora creek mouth for bream and others species caught alot of under size fish and one legal bream lived to fight an other day

any how decided to fish swansea on thursday the 25th with just lures for tailor and here is the result was fun spinning but better when hooked the tarwhine it when 37cms and weighted a little over a kilo

i managed to get my catch bag caught i a rock crevice which led me run down the breakwall to the bushes to find a large curved stick took me a good 20 mins to get the fish and catch bag out but its was well worth it :biggrin2:

spoke to a few locals one particular fello targets jew for sport only his best was 27kg but has seen a 40kg caught he fishes for them 6 days a week i was goob smaked :1yikes: we had a good yarn great fella he was using live trevally as bait as yakkas were hard to come by

and scored a blackie too i let the blackie go but kept the tarwhine which smashed my pb by over 15 cms woohoo and a first on both counts for the tarwhine and blackie on lure

i tried swansea bridge at 7am after i left the breakwall with poppers first cast 3 to 5 metres away see a large swirl cast close to same area but the fist cast must have spooked it the fish was gone through poppers for about 20mins and gave up

any that was my arvo at swansea

cheers mick

post-9942-126975420106_thumb.jpg

post-9942-126975419266_thumb.jpg

Have to say, that is the first time i have ever heard of a blackie taking a lure of any sort.... i guess it goes to show that the right place, right time certainly rings true.

well done and a good report.

Cheers

Mick :thumbup:

Well done mate. Make sure you submit the tarwhine for the lure section record :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

i will hodgey

just to let you's know i caught the tarwhine using a lift and drop method more like a plastic

and the blackie on a straight retrieve

had a few other bumps but failed to hook up

the tarwhine will tomorrow/mondays dinner yum

thanks for your comments raiders

cheers mick

It's an odd couple of fish on lures cause you didn't catch either fish on the lure, both look as though they were jagged in the back. They are pretty thick there at the moment i have accidentally jagged a few while chasing frigates.

It's an odd couple of fish on lures cause you didn't catch either fish on the lure, both look as though they were jagged in the back. They are pretty thick there at the moment i have accidentally jagged a few while chasing frigates.

i'd say its hooked you need a hook to jag a fish regardless either way the fish was caught

there are plenty of blackies running up and down the breakwall

cheers

mick

I call “shenanigans”.

Maybe just maybe the tarwine was interested in the lure while you were doing the lift and drop retrieve and got jag hooked in the back but I don’t think he was trying to eat it! More likely looking for some food stirred up when the lure hit the sand.

It is a cracker of a fish but not a legit record from my view.

In the states big bass comps when jigging a lure for fish they have to prove the fish was hooked in the mouth. Noting the anglers have cameras in each boat covering the action for TV anyway the angler normally shows the fish right up close to the camera.

And the poor old blackie! Well he was just innocently swimming around looking for a bit of weed and probably a root with 50 of his mates like they do at this time of the year.

You’re doing a high speed retrieve for taylor and he was unlucky to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

So I’m calling “SHENANIGANS”