Botany Kings

Aero

Hey Guys,

Steve (Rodholder) and myself have been giving botany abit of a flogging trying to get ourselfs onto some better kings this season. Drifting live squid around the various congregations of bait throughout the bay has produced a handful of fish over the metre mark over the last few weeks.

Our best fish so far comes in at 123cm and was literally fought by both of us. After Steve was pulled to his knees by the this fish on locked up 80lb I had no choice but to, A- stop steve from letting go of the rod with my Stella attached and B - help get this fish onboard.

After some rod work by me, and some winding and spool holding by Steve the gaff was sunk and fish was beat.

I also managed to hit it in a vital area to really do some damage to steves carpet :biggrin2:

We're both looking forward to now cracking a king over 130cm, and no doubt we'll make it happen :thumbup:

Cheers

Chris

post-192-126993814843_thumb.jpg

Congratulaions fellas, thats a stonker. I've been trying the bay for kings the past few weeks for not much success at all.

I've had livies out next to the third runway and not even getting touch.

Care to share what bait you've been catching them on and what vecinity of the Bay?

PM me if your feel more comfortable.

Now that is a huuuuge king for the bay or harbour . I can only dream of getting one that big in the bay . Congrads as it looks like you have done a lot of homework & the end result speaks for itself . Top effort :thumbup:

Cheers guys :thumbup:

fingers crossed this calibre of fish stick around a little big longer this year.

Congratulaions fellas, thats a stonker. I've been trying the bay for kings the past few weeks for not much success at all.

I've had livies out next to the third runway and not even getting touch.

Care to share what bait you've been catching them on and what vecinity of the Bay?

PM me if your feel more comfortable.

Captin, large squid fished 15-20m around the bait schools in the middle of the bay will definatley increase your success rate.

Awesome king chris, you and [rodholder] have done well considering the kings in the bay have been hit and miss this season. PS That tiagra 50 I bought off you is still working well.

Cheers Mike

Mike, let me know when you wanna sell it back to me ! fishing hasnt been the same without it on board.

Well done on a very nice fish guys. Did you weigh it by any chance as it certainly looks fat!

Its acctually quite slender for its length. I've caught fish shorter than this that have weighed 3kg heavier. This one weighed 13kg.

Chris

Thanks Guys,

When you have a combination of Locked up-holding the spool drag, on a T-Curve 400 & Stella 20000, Shallow water & fishing off the Casting platform, your hands have got some work to do!!!!.

I'm grateful that I was holding Chris's fishing rod, otherwise I'm not sure if He would have helped out.... :biggrin2:

This beast pulled, :1yikes: harder than any marlin or tuna Ive played with so far.....

I honestly don't think that a fish like this can be landed in shallow water by one person alone....so I have too thank Chris for the capture, it wouldn't of happened with out him.

Ive been aiming for a 100cm King for some time now..so Im stocked with this and I can now tick another PB of the list. :yahoo:

Thanks again,

Steve