Kingfish Mayhem 5 / 4 / 2010

dogtooth

Hi everyone ,

The plan was to fish sunday and monday on the south coast for kings , with sunday being a little windy , plus being forced to change a wheel bearing on easter sunday morning it was decided that easter monday was the day. So my good mate grant and i set off to a new found spot that i had only fished once before .On the monday We were greated by smooth seas and the livie tank was soon full of livies so we set off to the new found spot . The first bait in the water took at least 20 mins before it was taken and at one stage i thought it was going to be one of those quiet days , well quiet it wasn't as a 19.3 kg king was soon laying in the icebox :thumbup: , after that fish we got bricked , smoked, pulled hooks and everything else that could happen 6 times in a row :ranting2: . Mayhem was all i could describe the fishing we encountered , Eventually luck went our way and another king soon joined the icebox this time it was 15.5 kg :thumbup: . Both fish were the same length at around 123 cms but the bigger fish was solid . Enjoy the pics.

post-692-12704828798_thumb.jpg

post-692-12704828538_thumb.jpg

post-692-127048298202_thumb.jpg

15.5 kg king

post-692-127048299882_thumb.jpg

19.3 kg king

Cheers Dogtooth...... :1fishing1: John..... :beersmile:

Those are some serious swimming rockets dogtooth :1sweatdrop: , I cannot stop thinking about the size of the unstoppable fishes that busted us big time down in Jervis Bay in February and you just gave me a glimpse of them :blink: . How far down the coast did you go and how was the water temperature?

A bit off topic, I just got myself an Ocea Jigger 4000p spooled with PE8 and looking for a rod to match it, the T-Curve Deep Jig 400 is my 1st choice but I would appreciate your opinion on any other alternatives.

Regards,

Ryan

Edited by QVCiticaDSV

Those are some serious swimming rockets dogtooth :1sweatdrop: , I cannot stop thinking about the size of the unstoppable fishes that busted us big time down in Jervis Bay in February and you just gave me a glimpse of them :blink: . How far down the coast did you go and how was the water temperature?

A bit off topic, I just got myself an Ocea Jigger 4000p spooled with PE8 and looking for a rod to match it, the T-Curve Deep Jig 400 is my 1st choice but I would appreciate your opinion on any other alternatives.

Regards,

Ryan

after spending the coin on a Ocea i would also spend the money on a good rod

the T-curves are a broomstick

check out some of the jigging master rods the three kings special is a weapon and will handle any thing

ive seen a few of the t-curves snap on some nice fish

and as usual john great work those kings are beasts

what gear did you catch them on your saragosas sure do get a good workout

Jesus!!!! Waz proud as punch of my Kinghy Catch over easter,,(See Weekend of Kinghys).......TIL I JUZ GOT GOT SMOKED BY YOUR POST!!!!!!!!!

They are AWESUM fish, bet your arms were pumped after bringin em in!!!!

Top effort Dogtooth :1yikes: after talking about that unrelated matter I could tell there'd be no mucking around when you got down there on Monday, good to see you get onto them ... it would be funny if the schools hit Pittwater later too :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

No doubt about ya!

I think you should start your own charter business, people would pay a lot of money to come fishing with you... Let me know when you start operating, ill be your 1st customer :thumbup: