The Whiting Are Biting

jenno64

Yesterday arvo I went down to Brighton land-based with some bloodworms to coax a few whiting up for dinner. Managed 4 nice fish in 20 minutes and then things went quiet as the sun disappeared. Returned this morning with my son and FIL with beaqch worms this time. First cast a nice fish of about 33cm then for the next hour and a half, we caught 7 legal fish and threw back at least the same amount of undersized fish. 6 yo Hugo got 2 fish over 30cm and my father-in-law scored a nice one to break his duck. With yetsrday's catch, we now have enough for a family feast tonight. It's been a while since I've fished for whiting and I might just keep it up while the water is warm!

post-4017-127052423048_thumb.jpg

post-4017-12705242566_thumb.jpg

post-4017-127052432538_thumb.jpg

We returned in the arvo and my father-in-law caught a 37cm model about 3m from the shore!

Wow, lots of fish, good feed, not much more you can ask for.

Where abouts on the beach did you guys fish from? I am heading out his afternoon to give it a shot. Any suggestions?

Nice fish there, Rob! Terrific that the FIL caught that whopper whiting!! :1yikes: Always fun when the fish come out to play, especially when kids & the PIL are concerned! Good feed for the family

cheers

Roberta