Botany Bay

Penguin

Hi everyone,

Myself and two mates went out for a fish on Tues, we were armed with a dozen Garfish

which we intended to downrig in the hope of catching a few Kings.

We downriged south of Botany heads then north, all we ended up catching was loads and

loads of weed and plastic bags, along with all other types of rubbish :ranting2: .

We then tried back inside the bay around Moll pt, but there was weed and plastic rubbish

here to :ranting2: .

We then decided to head over to the oil wharf and anchored up, we filleted up our Gars and

sent them down into the water. The fishing was a little slow but after a couple of hours

we managed to land 12 keeper fish. A Flatty of 59cm, some Trevors 33-42cm, 3 legal Bream, we also were

plagued by a heap of small Snappers :thumbdown: but we did manage 3 that were legal 32-34cm

We did have a couple of Garfish fillets take off on huge runs straight under the wharf.

These fish as has happened to me before could not be stopped on 5.5kg and 9kg line,my line

popped both times on locked up drag. Our larger outfits dont ever get touched at this spot.

Im sure some big Kings live under that wharf, we have managed to pull a 97cm model out of

there in the past, but only because that fish ran away from the wharf and not straight

back under it. Shame we arn't allowed to fish nearer the wharf or downrig some Squid or

Gars up and down its length. I hope one day someone from this site is lucky enough to

capture one of these fish from there, and post a pic.

cheers

post-1664-12706362554_thumb.jpg

Edited by penguin