Tenno Bream And Flathead Comp

THE SWEENEY

Hi all just wondering if anyone is going to fish the comp this weekend on lake mac, looks like it will be very good,lots of prizes and giveaways ,for all ages the whole event is very family ,fun,fishing competion. I will be attending as a fishcare volunteer for the weekend. Cheers Laurie.

My mate ANT [Anthony] will be up there for the comp and he has caught some quality flatty's and lost some monsters in Lake Mac of recent. Got a nice flatty there myself about a month ago , and my mate and I both picked up fish around the 80cm mark in the bream comp there on sunday , so good luck and im sure there will be some great fish caught , especially near the warmer water and off the rocky points south of Wangi.

Bubba

ended up only getting a 48 cm flatty...was a few monster flatties brought in for measuring on the sat 1st session does anyone know what size actually won...by the line up of ppl getting there catches put on computer looks like a few fish had been caught..only bad thing was heard of a lot of fish being kept even tho was a catch and release comp...

Hi All, wes at the comp on the weekend overall they had 233 anglers fish with a total of 90 odd boats.Largest bream was caught by a junior boy at 39 cm, largest flattie came in in the last session on sunday measured just over 80 cm ,lots of flatties around the 60 to 70 mark the bream ranged from 28 to34 mark . I was on the measureing table both days and from what i saw nearly all the fish were returned to the water barring a few which were beyond release,not sure what happened with fish that were photo recorded on the boats wheather they were released or not , all in all a very well organised competion which i am sure nobody could complain about. Cheers Laurie.