New P.b

cut_loose

Wednesday night i put out a live herring off the Port Macquarie jetty under a school of mullet seeing if i could pick up a flathead, Well as soon as my bait hit the bottom BANG this huge flattie grabbed the herring but spat the bait ! No worry put another livie on and the fish started circling the livie and out of no where some little kid throws a handline in with a big sinker and scares it off ! Argghhhh :ranting2:

Anyway Thursday me and my mate wanted to get that flattie, Same time at the runout with some Live herring set out. I hooked up within 10 mins and bought in a nice plate sized Flathead 45cm :)

Than my mate spots the big flathead again ! I threw a livie just behide him and reeled it in slowy and after about 5 cast i hooked up ! So i said to my mate reel him in and we'll claim him as both our fish. Seeing how he has watched me reel in legal fish all week. Anyways after a few scary short runs from the flathead and some good ( Shocking actually ) netting skills by me, We had the fish in the net ! It was heeps bigger than i thought, I thought it would of been around 70cm's ! I left him in the net in the water, Called dad to bring the Grippers and Camera down. After a few shots, I told my mate that we should let the fish go, He kinda wanted to keep it but i talked him out of it and gave him my 45cm Flattie.

She went 91cm's and a new P.B for the both of us. It made my trip and to see her swim off slowy was awesome. How far am i off the record for Flathead now :074:

post-7089-127141297278_thumb.jpg

Fantastic efforts boys ...that's a magnificent fish :1yikes: Well done for releasing her. I hope 'karma' rewards you with something special in the near future. She may have swum away, mate, but you'll always have your photo ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks Hodgey

Mate that's the way i look at it, The photo's always gonna there, When the Flathead are that size there amazing and there's no way i could kill a breeder like that. I spend 10 mins just looking at the fish in the water in the net waiting for the lip gripper's and camera and the size is just amazing. I still can't believe i've gotten 2 big flatties this year 87 and 91. It goes to show you let em go and you will be rewarded with more :)

Edited by cut_loose

Fantastic efforts boys ...that's a magnificent fish :1yikes: Well done for releasing her. I hope 'karma' rewards you with something special in the near future. She may have swum away, mate, but you'll always have your photo ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

Well done Cut loose and company...Congratulations on catching your personal best flathead and 91 cms too :thumbup: 91cms is a pretty big flathead in anyone's language...good effort taking time out to catch herring for your flathead baits! :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done on the new PB! 91cm is a MONSTER :1yikes:

Good karma to you for releasing her too. My son does the same with nearly all his flathead as well and he gets rewarded with big ones frequently.