Daiwas Td Pros

Guest hottuna

Guest hottuna

Just recieved a heap of these in, there made in colaboration with jackell bros in japan. They look very much like its cousin. sizes are the same tn 50-60-70

Has anyone used these to good effect?

dan

yeah, i have landed quiet a few bass on the td pro 50. oh, and also a luderick up the shoalhaven :thumbup:

cant see the difference between the jackall and daiwa's. at the start of the month we were at st clair and we were throwing jackalls and daiwa's and the only fish landed on the lipless was on the daiwa

I've taken a few bream on the 50mm one, planning to give them another go tomorrow.

Otto raves about them for yellowbelly.

43428[/snapback]

Gday Andrew

In what circumstances would you use the lipless for bream? deepwater or flats? same slow rolling retrive for bass or do you need plenty of pauses? ( I dont like pausing my jackal retrives for fear of snag city :1prop: )

Chris

Guest hottuna
I've been using them in deep water Chris. Jigging them on the bottom mainly, which does result in a few lost lures. :ranting2:

43445[/snapback]

That would be a good reason for using shiptons spit rings. Only the hooks stay in the snag and lure is reteived.

Shipton

dan

tackleback is another very valuable item if u r a regular expensive lipless user (sounds like a habit :1naughty: ). You become much more brave when u can retrieve them from a snag and thus catch more fish. I reckon there is no use buying these lures unless u r going to put them where the fish are.

yeah, i have landed quiet a few bass on the td pro 50. oh, and also a luderick up the shoalhaven :thumbup:

cant see the difference between the jackall and daiwa's. at the start of the month we were at st clair and we were throwing jackalls and daiwa's and the only fish landed on the lipless was on the daiwa

43440[/snapback]

Yeah Matt is is difficult to see the difference between a Jackall and a Daiwa, but the noise they make is the big decider. The Bass on some of our dams up here have had Jackall dropped in front of them for a fair while and the completely different rattle of the Daiwa may pay dividends. I've had success with both, but the deeper rattle of the Daiwa, caused by larger ball bearings I'd guess, can wake the Bass up I think. Sadly, they both come with terrible hooks that need to be upgraded straight out of the box, which isn't good enought for a $25.00 lure. At least the prices are dropping now.

Sadly, they both come with terrible hooks that need to be upgraded straight out of the box, which isn't good enought for a $25.00 lure

That is a pet hate of mine :ranting2: Part with good money for a lure then go home throw the trebles in the bin & replace them.