Monster Shoalhaven Bass

Fished one of the shoalhaven's stocked impoundments on saturday and managed 9 fish for the day, mainly in the shallows on ecogear SX40s and River2Sea static shads.

The highlight of the day though was scoring a pb Bass of 49cm on a drop off that showed a school of fish on the sounder. This particular bass resembled a football moreso than a bass...I couldn't believe the weight of it!

After a couple of quick snaps it was back into the water to grow even bigger.....if its still possible for this fish.

Made my day that's for sure....

post-6111-127293272629_thumb.jpg

post-6111-127293274058_thumb.jpg

Too right. 8lb braid with 12lb leader handled it well but felt like an eternity to get it in. Haven't felt power like that in a bass before. My heart was in my mouth when I saw that he had taken the front treble instead of the ususal rear one and the lure was an SX40 (very small lure with very small and slighly fragile trebles). Once he spotted me he let out a massive head shake and then went straight back down under the yak (the reel was screaming). Luckily that was his last run and I netted him when he came back up followed by a YAAAA HOOOO that could be heard in Sydney!

Guest rzep
and I netted him when he came back up followed by a YAAAA HOOOO that could be heard in Sydney!

I thought that I heard something on Saturday :biggrin2:

Well done on a great bass there.

Definitely worth an entry to the FOTM comp...

stonka bass mate....I love my south coast bass fishing....I've only fished Grady's with mixed results....must give a stocked impoundment a nudge oneday....many other bass on the chew or just the one?