Finally Fished In Brisbane Waters ....

Timmy76

Hi all,

First report from Sunday 2/5/10 at Brisbane Waters. Sorry if its late.

6.45am me and two deaf mates leave Woy Woy ramp. First stop we head to near the Rip Bridge. A couple of good bites and bang .... mate caught 30cm whiting.

An hour later we decide to check out the mouth of Brisbane Water (Ettalong Channel) and went around the point offshore to fish. A few nibbles and a 25cm snapper that went straight back in water. A lot of boats around but after an hour we don't see anyone catching anything (or ourselves) so we decided to try around the mouth at channel (Ettalong).

We decide to fish in the shallows, other mate catches a 55cm flatty. 1/2 an hour later an 80cm TV floats by I kid you not!!!!!!!! ..... a few mins later I see this rope drifting off, WT!!!! it was my boat anchor rope. I take off my sunnies, hat, shirt and about to dive in til mate says relax ... the rope won't sink, its floating. :1prop: Start the motor and drive there to retrieve rope he says :1prop:

Felt pretty stupid but a pretty funny moment that was. In case you were wondering, I was not the one that tied the rope upon anchoring! :wacko: Mate denies it was his fault and reckons rope was tampered with :mad3: LOL ha ha

We decide to try one more spot that was suggested. Upon arriving, 5 seconds later bang ... a 65cm flatty caught from mate. 10 mins later a crab (10cms) and another 10 mins later another crab (10cms).

All in all, not a bad 1/2 day effort for 3 of us new at boating and fishing :biggrin2: for 3 deaf guys that does not really know about knowing where to fish and the correct rigging/bait .... gotta say that ain't too bad for the days catches.

Felt pretty confident on the boat and can't wait to go out again in a few weeks time.

i'd say that's a top trip timmy do'nt worry we all stuff up every now and then even more so when your learning

i can just see all the swear words in aust lang :074: keep the reports coming cheers gary

good job mate i fish that quite alot and have got a few good flattys there biggest being 70cm and 2.5kg trust me mate live bait is the go for the flattys in there i would say lil poddies! Cheers bergo

See Timmy...the boat may give you a little grief from time to time but when you have a nice day on the water its all worth it!

Good luck with it.

C.

Thanks for your help on motor Chris. It was def worth it after that weekend of grief! Great day we had on the water but so much I need to learn more .... knot type for anchor, riggings, etc. The more I go out, the more I will pick things up hopefully.

Thanks guys!

Can't wait for the next trip soon, need the practice to get into a routine.

As for the TV, we couldn't believe our eyes it was floating by ... 80cm box TV, Sony if you must know. Very disappointing to see it in the water floating where it should not belong but we cannot get over the fact it was floating where it should be sinking given the weight? We just don't get that!

Next report to put up with photos for sure when we go out next time :thumbup: