Took Friday Off Work For A Days Fishing

fisherdad

Given the weekend weather was going to be so good I took the Friday off work to avoid the carpark. Son had he day off schol as he had finished exams and it took almost no effort to get a mate to take a day off work as well. Left the Marina at 5am heading for the bait grounds, got bored within about 10 mins and headded outside. (Probably should have persisted.)

Cleared the Botany Heads and it was a bit lumpy but it was predicted to calm down latter in the day. Got to the first Botany fad and no one there, not even the Dollies we had hoped for. Started to Drift and Cube then less than 5 mins an almighty run and run and run. 150m of line later it slowed and we all had high hopes for a stray king. A short time later we were a little dissaponted to land a Albacore.

Watched a guy hook a small marlin so we got the lures out again and begun trolling again a few passes later we headded off he Botany Wide Fad. On the way we hooked many Albacore some 60cm that really didnt like comming near the boat and kept running away.

Nothing at the wide fad so up to 12 mile then back to the Botany close fad were it was flat as, what a great day and time for a beverage. Well more Albacore up to about 10 by now and not a dollie yet. One of them came up with a hole in its side about 10mm deep, any thoughts.

Back at 4pm ollowing a great day, my mate caught the largest fish he has ever caught must have taken 15 mins to get this bugger into the boat on the light gear. It was certainly worth the day off work to avoid the congestion. Well it looks like I need to convince my wife Albacore is not cat food.

Were are the Dollies and can someone please suggest a good live bait ground.

post-6888-127327600889_thumb.jpg

post-6888-127327602622_thumb.jpg

Definately Striped tuna you got there, I couldnt find the Dollies at

any of the 3 Syd FADs yesterday, plenty of Slimey Macks around though but no

predators chasing them.

cheers

Thanks for the correction now the big question

striped tuna

bait or dinner

If there's no other choice with the striped tuna David I'm thinking dinner would be the next best i.e. cook up a thick piece of rump steak, add mashed potatoes and tomatoes but grill the tomatoes in holbrooks.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Guest Big-Banana

I took at 12kg Dolly on Saturday that had the same markings of a cookie cutter shark, was a fresh wound too, done during or just before we hooked up.

post-16-127346921968_thumb.jpg

I eat those stripies shushimi . They are good even my kids love them . Make up some skewered with garlic , cucumber & natural yogurt dipping sauce on the BBQ . Not bad . They are all you get when you buy canned tuna ,but from Thailand . I know where I would rather eat it from . Hornets