Australia's Got Talent

humesy

G'day peoples,

This is a quick note to let all my raider friends that my good wife is appearing in the semi finals of australia's got talent. She is one third of a vocal trio called The Belles and they are 3 lovely ladies who can really sing (in the style of the Andrews Sisters). Some of you will have had the pleasure of meeting sacha (Bonnie Belle) so you might care to tune in on Tuesday night. If you really like what you see and hear, cast a vote for the girls. They have worked really hard and are hoping that enough people appreciate their music to keep them going in the competition.

Many thanks from a very proud husband.

PS as a mark of Sacha's excellent character and vote worthyness, she included in our wedding vows last year (unbeknown to me beforehand) a promiss to always let me have time for fishing. What a woman!

well done to the girls for getting this far and will put a few votes in for them.

Sacha is a great catch with a vow like that eh :yahoo: .

then again you are a pretty good fisho mate :074: .

they remind me of when i was a kid and all those dean martin/bob hope/sinatra and doris day movies with lots of jazz and swing ...

mmm maybe im showing my age now..

wish my :wife: liked fishing just a little bit.she hates it with as much passion as i have for it....

cheers....steve......

I watched the show mate and thought the girls were a knockout.

You could close your eyes and swear that you were transported back to that era.

The girls have the look , the style and the vocals to go all the way mate.

They will get my vote.

Twin 1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Just back from the filming. The girls nailed it but the less said about the judges, the better. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Lets hope the public recognise real talent when they see it.

Cheers all

the judges have opinions and unfortunately some wanks just have too much pull in the industry..

you only have to look at idol and who has made better careers,not alot of the winners..

its a cut throat industry (not what ya know but who) but the girls have something thats unique ,the talent and all the other things to make a great package...

the hardest thing is getting the breaks and exposure and the show has sure done this no matter how far they get..

a good agent goes along way as they have access to the venues etc... but im sure they are well aware of this..

i'll give you a buzz tomorrow arvo mate....

cheers.....steve.......

Thanks again everyone. Here is a link for the semi in case anyone missed it and would like to see what went down. (Sacha or Bonnie Belle as she is known in showbiz circles, is the blonde)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IFVkYrNGd0

The girls have had a blast and will the show will hopefully generate a lot of work for them. It would be great if they got to the finals though, if only to torment Kyle Sandilands with another killer song! :biggrin2:

Cheers

Thanks again everyone. Here is a link for the semi in case anyone missed it and would like to see what went down. (Sacha or Bonnie Belle as she is known in showbiz circles, is the blonde)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6IFVkYrNGd0

The girls have had a blast and will the show will hopefully generate a lot of work for them. It would be great if they got to the finals though, if only to torment Kyle Sandilands with another killer song! biggrin2.gif

Cheers

A highly profession outfit humesy!! Don't worry about Kyle, he has a reputation to live up to and the public are not stupid.

Good luck to the ladies.

Is that you up in the audience there :) ?

Cheers mrsswordie

A highly profession outfit humesy!! Don't worry about Kyle, he has a reputation to live up to and the public are not stupid.

Good luck to the ladies.

Is that you up in the audience there :) ?

Cheers mrsswordie

Hi Donna,

Thanks for the compliments, I will definitely pass them on. We are not too worried about Kyle and company. Dannii was actually the biggest disappointment. She originally said to go for it (a modern song) but keep it in 40's style. When it came time for her to speak this time, she totally caved in to the other two and backtracked saying they should sing it modern too.

Anyway, there are no hard feelings from the girls. They know they did their best and were happy with the way it came accross. Now all they need is lots of votes good people (that's a hint ;)

It's not me in the audience though I am there holding up the "You can ring my Belles" sign.

Cheers

I hope the girls do exceptionally well Andrew and having met Sasha I know old Geoff would be wishing them all the best too...I think stardom is all about originality and I believe that there is a good opportunity here for the girls to revive some of the all time favourite love songs etc mixed in with the old style beat of groups like the Andrew Sisters, Manhatten Transfer and being an all female vocal group perhaps they might also consider reviving those all time favourites such as the songs sung in falsetto style by the Platters.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Wow, they are fantastic. Good luck to them for the finals and hopefully we will see them elsewhere as their talent should be enjoyed. I would love to hear them sing the Madonna version of Hanky panky.

Edited by Dalucius