Georges River Nite Session.

hamerz84

got down to the river at around 6pm last nite with jewies on my mind,set up my jew rods and set up 1 bream rod to keep me occupied between jews so i thought anyways. long story short fished the entire run out for a big donut on the jewies. but on the other hand i caught and released dozens of under sized bream, in the mix though i got 7 keeper bream one them being my new pb of 39cm to the fork i was stoked. i was extremely glad i i threw in my bream gear.

chhers hamerz.

post-9895-127333405172_thumb.jpg

got down to the river at around 6pm last nite with jewies on my mind,set up my jew rods and set up 1 bream rod to keep me occupied between jews so i thought anyways. long story short fished the entire run out for a big donut on the jewies. but on the other hand i caught and released dozens of under sized bream, in the mix though i got 7 keeper bream one them being my new pb of 39cm to the fork i was stoked. i was extremely glad i i threw in my bream gear.

chhers hamerz.

Well done Hamerz,

You took home a feed mate.

Think your fishing in the right areas but one tip I will pass on to you is - if you want to catch Jews then target them and fish for nothing else.You need to be ready and focused for when they turn up.

Twin 1

thanks mate, yeh i no i mate but i knew the water temp was a bit low and current flow was going to be slow so i pretty much knew i was going to be in for a tough session. only brang the bream gear to keep me awake really. cant complain though spending a nite on the water pretty much beats anything for me. thanks mate.

Keep on trying and they will come. I fish for bream also while fishing for Jews. Need to pass time while waiting. They can also pretty much hook themselves too. They don't nibble they normally just grab it and run anyway. Nice bream too. Cheers Andrew.

Hi Hamerz good effort on the bream and congratulations on the personal best which is near enough to four inches longer than a foot long bream :thumbup: were all the bream lighter coloured were they hamerz? .....I reckon you'll do much better on the jewfish when the tide bottoms out around sunset..the tides were a bit topsy turvey this week, the run in tide seems to fish better upriver and the last few hours of the run out seems to bring out all the rubbish fish...it could be interesting to see how the Bangor bridge performs and see if it might be working during the run out tide like CC bridge by changing sides and fishing back towards the pylons for at least two or three hours after the boat turns...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Awesome Bream session mate, shame bout the Jewies...

I still do exactly the same when I fish for Jewies, take my Bream rod and cast out unweighted slabs of slimey into the shallows and I seem to have a lot of fun, and isnt that what its all about- having fun... Sure its tops when the Jew are around but as you said you took the Bream gear to keep you occupied as there was the "feeling" it was going to be pretty slow...

I think you made the right choice mate.

I'd be waiting for the end of this week for the Jewies to show back up again, and with warmer weather this week the water temp might risw a degree or so... & keep an eye on the baro pressure jewies seem to like it well above 1015Hpa and rising...

Tight lines

:)

Awesome Bream session mate, shame bout the Jewies...

I still do exactly the same when I fish for Jewies, take my Bream rod and cast out unweighted slabs of slimey into the shallows and I seem to have a lot of fun, and isnt that what its all about- having fun... Sure its tops when the Jew are around but as you said you took the Bream gear to keep you occupied as there was the "feeling" it was going to be pretty slow...

I think you made the right choice mate.

I'd be waiting for the end of this week for the Jewies to show back up again, and with warmer weather this week the water temp might risw a degree or so... & keep an eye on the baro pressure jewies seem to like it well above 1015Hpa and rising...

Tight lines

:)

yeh thats exactly it mate better on the water than in front of the idiot box,

another good thing about the bream gear is i fluked a yakka on it, mind u i tried everything

from berley to yakka rigs to nab a yakka and nothing worked. i sent that yakka down and still couldnt tempt a jew.

also ive got every night towards the back end of next week pencilled in the diary for a good assault on the jews.

hope i do abit better than last night, (then again theres always the trusty bream gear).

cheers hamerz.