Yellowfin Of Sydney

Matho

Hello raiders looked at the weather forecast for Sydney on saturday and went for an arvo fish for the almighty Yellowfin. Got down to the marina got the boat out of the pen and fueled it up. Headed to my little spot for livies and had 20 yakkas in no time at all. With a light breeze about I headed to one of my many spots cruising at 30knts i was at the spot in no time. Decided to pulled some lures. After about an hour nothing was going on so I through in a deep diver with in 30mins the reel goes zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I hit the rod and got nothing. I continued on for another 15 mins then the outrigger zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again i come up short. I know I was in the zone i had a decision to make do i keep trolling or do i start to cube ???? I decided to cube and cubbed hard threw in a few livies then another 20-30 min had past and there was some action at the back of the boat I could see all these fins jumping and all of a sudden zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz off goes the penn. I was on I could see 3 or 4 other Yellowfins chasing it. About 15mins later a nice Yellowfin was landed in the boat. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh finally our first Yellowfin for the season.

P.S: To the inconsiderate d$ck head in the blue hull cat with twin honda o/bs who trolled around the boat no less than 50m away when we were cubbing trying to benefit from our slick have some respect for others out there putting in the time and effort. Find your own patch there is plenty of water to choose from.

Pictures to come

well done on the fin i know the boat u were talking about i was out saturday in mates boat and that dude came right next to us at botany wide fad almost got some star sinkers out for ammo!! :ranting2:

Hi Guys

Whilst awaiting in Ahi's pics to come through I hope you don't mind...... in me mentioning that today one of our club boat's laying down a burly trail just wide of Brown's had Y/Fin Tuna swimming around the boat And weighed fish early tonight back at the club at 50 odd kgs and lost an est 80 kg fish at the side of the boat complete with a new gaff attached

so it does sound promising to get out.........That be if the weather is obliging

Cheers Warnie

Nice Work mate...

Just quick question on getting livies.. I got no problems on catching yackas..

Any ideas on the best place to source slimies???? Cannot never find the buggers

Always fishing out of botany!

Pictures to come

Nice Work mate...

Just quick question on getting livies.. I got no problems on catching yackas..

Any ideas on the best place to source slimies???? Cannot never find the buggers

Always fishing out of botany!

Pictures to come

Try burlying at the white drums in botany for slimys

Has anyone got the GPS marks for Heatons that they would like to share? Can find them on the net anywhere.

cheers.

The marks are on this website under "boating and GPS marks".

Edited by frankp

Hello raiders looked at the weather forecast for Sydney on saturday and went for an arvo fish for the almighty Yellowfin. Got down to the marina got the boat out of the pen and fueled it up. Headed to my little spot for livies and had 20 yakkas in no time at all. With a light breeze about I headed to one of my many spots cruising at 30knts i was at the spot in no time. Decided to pulled some lures. After about an hour nothing was going on so I through in a deep diver with in 30mins the reel goes zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I hit the rod and got nothing. I continued on for another 15 mins then the outrigger zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again i come up short. I know I was in the zone i had a decision to make do i keep trolling or do i start to cube ???? I decided to cube and cubbed hard threw in a few livies then another 20-30 min had past and there was some action at the back of the boat I could see all these fins jumping and all of a sudden zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz off goes the penn. I was on I could see 3 or 4 other Yellowfins chasing it. About 15mins later a nice Yellowfin was landed in the boat. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh finally our first Yellowfin for the season.

P.S: To the inconsiderate d$ck head in the blue hull cat with twin honda o/bs who trolled around the boat no less than 50m away when we were cubbing trying to benefit from our slick have some respect for others out there putting in the time and effort. Find your own patch there is plenty of water to choose from.

Pictures to come

Thanks guys, I have found a few diffent GPS marks for Heatons and one is almost 19nm NE of Browns and other 2 marks that are 17 and 22nm ESE of browns approx bearing 110. So I think you can imaging my next question which on is actually Heatons?

Guest Big-Banana

Thanks guys, I have found a few diffent GPS marks for Heatons and one is almost 19nm NE of Browns and other 2 marks that are 17 and 22nm ESE of browns approx bearing 110. So I think you can imaging my next question which on is actually Heatons?

Heatons is 70kms wide of Sydney. There are 3 main marks that I fish, but the general area is all you really need to be in the zone. Be weary that even on a flat day you get a 4-5 meter rolling swell when the currents push up against the structure.

Heatons is 70kms wide of Sydney. There are 3 main marks that I fish, but the general area is all you really need to be in the zone. Be weary that even on a flat day you get a 4-5 meter rolling swell when the currents push up against the structure.

Thanks guys I am pretty sure I have found the area. Ill be heading out in the next few weeks once i get away from this horrible place call work and see if the fish want to play the game.

The marks are on this website under "boating and GPS marks".

Hi I can't seem to find the gps marks on this site. Were about should I be looking

Hi barredup

It may be that you need to hit 20 posts before you can "see" the GPS section which is under the BOATING section(much like the swap and sell section you need 20 posts before you can see it in the Forum).So keep posting and replying, you only need 9 more. :biggrin2: (Or it may be that you need to be logged in or signed in before you can see it)

Regards Kit

Edited by cruisecraft

Guest Big-Banana

Thanks guys I am pretty sure I have found the area. Ill be heading out in the next few weeks once i get away from this horrible place call work and see if the fish want to play the game.

It's generally an early season proposition but that all depends on currents. ATM, it could do anything especially with this unseasonal warm water.

ame='barredup' date='15 May 2010 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1273906774' post='356870']

Hi barredup

It may be that you need to hit 20 posts before you can "see" the GPS section which is under the BOATING section(much like the swap and sell section you need 20 posts before you can see it in the Forum).So keep posting and replying, you only need 9 more. biggrin2.gif (Or it may be that you need to be logged in or signed in before you can see it)

Regards Kit

Any member who is logged in can see the GPS section biggrin2.gif

It's generally an early season proposition but that all depends on currents. ATM, it could do anything especially with this unseasonal warm water.

I have been looking at the surface temp off sydney, just hoping the warm water hangs around until I get of this ship, then I can get stuck into it.