Tough Day Prefishing Abt Yak Grand Final!

arpie

back from the pre-fish at 1pm! It blew a gale all morning & quite a few didn't stay out til 2.30pm 'finish' time!(me included!!)

Got my first legal before reaching the bridge. Caught about 6 'just under' breambos & a pike. Felt what I reckon was a flattie having a go at one stage ...... Happy with that - hope it happens again 3 times before the bridge tomorrow, to get me set for upgrades!

Changed to plastics & got some hits & misses & dropped a couple of nice ones.

Lots of people were broken off by big blue noses!! The local tackle shop will be doing well this afternoon!! I hope to find the biggies tomorrow!

First outing in a Pro Angler - found the seat a bit uncomfortable - will be taking some voltaren with dinner & breakfast! Have bought a couple of Bunnings inflatable cushions & will bolster both the seat & the back of the chair tomorrow. Very stable to stand up in, still working out the steering (it wants to correct itself ..... and does ...... ) so we'll see how we go tomorrow! Gee they are BIG!!! And so much heavier than my little Sport!! Funny how you get used to one thing!!

Will be back fishing on 'familiar territory' tomorrow whilst today I was just testing a few lures & chucking sps at poles!

Fingers crossed I at least get a full bag - it won't be for lack of trying!!

Lots of Prayers for NO WIND would be good!! I used to think I preferred wind to rain ..... now I am not so sure! The fish are already wet, so why not us too!?? :074:

Cheerio - may even take the voltaren out WITH me as well!!~

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

good luck for tomorrow roberta :thumbup:

also for luke.

preying for good weather and tight lines...

ps: are they handycapping you roberta,you are the fishing queen of forster so others will prob be following you around to all the good spots :074: .

are they filming this at all and if so when will it air...

cheers....steve.....

Best Wishes to in the Grand Final Roberta & Luderick Luke... Even if we don't see a dead heat between the two of you after the weigh in, first and second prize will be quite appropriate on this occasion please, thanks :thumbup:

By the way Roberta if it was going to be blowing like a gale I would have thought use big wrigglers and go extra heavy on the jig heads but didn't want to Jonah you like the typical stage door Arthur would have...In case you don't know what a stage door Arthur is, Arthur was usually found all dolled up to the hilt handing out a bunch of flowers to any outstretched arm that came out of a gap in the side door at the Tivoli when the prima donnas and ballerinas were there in the fifties :lol:

On a serious note Roberta and Luke I'm sure everyone here at Fishraider will be plugging away for you and wishing you both every success possible..

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well, at least one Fishraider is flying the flag!!! Luderick Luke is currently in equal 7th place with 1.78kg bag!~ Awesome effort. :yahoo::thumbup: The wind was as bad as yesterday but started a little later. I tried my 'normal' spots today ....... for 1 bustoff, & 2 dropped (one at the yak! :ranting2: )

Very disappointed with my performance, and plan to do better tomorrow - but at least the 3 inflated cushions I bought yesterday shielded my back & bum today!! The back is sore, but at least I lasted all day today!! More Voltaren tonight & tomorrow morning!! Those big PAs are quite difficult to manoeuver especially in wind & current. I am a little short for the no 3 position for the pedals, but no 2 is no good either!! I sort of have to lie down almost to get paddling!!! I stood up casting today, so that was fun!

Only 4gms between 1 & 2nd place getters so far!! Amazing! Boss Hog today 1.4kg! Terrific fish from a yak!!

Must get dinner, then early night again tonight!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Took quite a while to re-sort all the lures & stuff I pulled out today!! Had lots of re-rigging to do & re-thinking strategies!!

well done luke on 7th place :yahoo: .

roberta its great to make it to a final and sounds like that yak has disadvantaged you a little but tomorrows another day..

the fish can change moods dramatically and hopefully they will like your offerings..

maybe let them know if they play nice they can become famous get some pics from the paparazzi then once done can swim off to play another day :biggrin2:

good luck tomorrow ..

cheers...steve.......