Pb Snapper From My Yak!

Sherwinator

Hey Raiders,

My mate Phil and I headed out around Akuna bay on Saturday morning in our Kayaks. We got some good sized squid the night before and got out on the water just as the light was breaking...

I managed to get this beautiful snapper that went 2.9 kg and 600mm - It also managed to flip me out of the yak. ;(

I was hoping for a Jewie, but this was just as good!

Sherwinator

post-7855-127416663495_thumb.jpg

Hey Raiders,

My mate Phil and I headed out around Akuna bay on Saturday morning in our Kayaks. We got some good sized squid the night before and got out on the water just as the light was breaking...

I managed to get this beautiful snapper that went 2.9 kg and 600mm - It also managed to flip me out of the yak. ;(

Sherwinator

Snapper is much better eating than a Jewie, well done Sherwinator :thumbup:

Hey Raiders,

Sherwinator

Awesome fish mate! Well done - bet it was a bit cool in the water at that time of day eh?! (good thing you were with a mate btw)

PS, if I could ask how far up / down stream did you guys venture as I've been to Akuna a few times LB around Illawong Bay and haven't caught anything big enough to keep...been early morning and evening....the last public holiday it was packed with 18 cars on that bend of road around Illawong!! (and ain't room for 18 cars to park there!)

Anyhow, great fish mate!

Cheers

Larz

Yeah lucky my mate was there. It would have been an interesting trip back to the shore by myself...

We put in at illawong bay and drifted 500m to 1KM in the direction of Cottage Point Marina (in the middle of the waterway its about 30m deep).

I got a good sized sambo on a squid head too, so there were fish out there. The fresh bait probably helped too.

Some blokes fishing from the shore said they dropped a kingy right on the edge too...

Sherwinator

Yeah lucky my mate was there. It would have been an interesting trip back to the shore by myself...

We put in at illawong bay and drifted 500m to 1KM in the direction of Cottage Point Marina (in the middle of the waterway its about 30m deep).

I got a good sized sambo on a squid head too, so there were fish out there. The fresh bait probably helped too.

Some blokes fishing from the shore said they dropped a kingy right on the edge too...

Sherwinator

Okay, I see - thanks for the tip mate....will see how far I can cast LB! ;)

Great to hear other fish biting too.

Cheers mate