Nice Bream From The Harbour

autocad

a bit of a late report. But I took the boys down to the harbour to watch all the boats following Jessica Watson in on Saturday.

As it was only a sight seeing exercise with the kids I was not allowed by the :wife: to make this into a full on fishing trip. But I convinced the :wife: that we could throw a line in while we waited for the boats to come by.

As I didn't have any bait available and I wasn't allowed to flick any plastics, I took down a few slices of white bread from the freezer that I usually use for burly.

We got down to a nice grassy spot on the northern part of the harbour and I set up a few rods for the kids with floats and size 6 hooks with bread on them. We caught a few finger sized bream and toad fish to keep the kids occupied.

post-3319-127418306146_thumb.jpg

After an hour or so, the kids were getting bored with fishing and looking at boats so we decided to pack up an head home. As I was packing up the gear, I left one rod in the water just incase. As you can guess, the rod went off. I had it resting against a stone wall and the rod and reel almost went in for a swim. It was a decent fish but I wasn't confident of landing it, as the rod and reel was my youngest son's $15 combo from !@@#$mart and it was heading towards some moored boats.

But I managed to turn it's head and gained a bit of line back. I could see it was a good fish and there was a crowd gathering. The pressure was really on. The kids were also holding onto each of my legs to stop the monster fish dragging me into the water :074:

I finally got the fish to the base of the stone wall but I had no net and couldn't lift the fish, so we tied a bucket to a rope and managed to get the fish into the bucket.

A few photos and explaining to the large crowd about bream and fishing, my kids let it swim away. We went home happy campers.

My guess the fish was roughly 40cm and the biggest bream that I've ever caught.post-3319-12741830744_thumb.jpg

cheers Autocad

Edited by autocad