New Boat Suggestions

trev

Need your Opinions.

I have been using an old 3m tinnie (trimcraft) with a tiny 4hp johnston this has been lent to me but unfortunatley the owner is likely to move up the coast and will I am sure want to take his little tinnie with him. ( I aint complaining free use of a boat for 3 yrs and he insists on paying the trailer rego!) But I need to buy my own. Will go shares with a good mate I very rarely go fishing without him so makes sense. Between us we will have max budget of $10,000.

Have been looking at AllyCraft 4.10 topender??? Will fish with boat at Brisbane Waters and Sydney harbour not really thinking of going outside at all!

Fishing styles Lure, Fly, and bait

Any help with boat suggestions appreciated

:15::1boat:

Guest bluecod

Send Narralakes a PM, he's exactly in the same boat [no pun intended] as you - looking for a very similar rig at the moment - team up and you might get a better deal buying two boats from the same dealer.

Guest Target

Trev

I like my Brooker Safari. 4.1m in length, similar to the topender style you are looking for, but a few $k cheaper. Its not to the same finish, but solid all the same. Would suit your style of fishing - I fish mine in Sydney harbour, Broken Bay and a little offshore - have taken up to about 5mile outside Broken Bay on a good day. Its also a really deep boat for its size.

Adrian

post-24-1114214503_thumb.jpg

Trev

I like my Brooker Safari.  4.1m in length, similar to the topender style you are looking for, but a few $k cheaper.  Its not to the same finish, but solid all the same.  Would suit your style of fishing - I fish mine in Sydney harbour, Broken Bay and a little offshore - have taken up to about 5mile outside Broken Bay on a good day.  Its also a really deep boat for its size.

Adrian

44199[/snapback]

Adrian,

boat looks good. Have you had problems with water coming in over stern wher moter is. One of the questions I have is do I need to get a boat with a pod? I am no hero and wont be going any where too rough but I want to know what is best.

Cheers

Trev

Guest Target
Adrian,

boat looks good. Have you had problems with water coming in over stern wher moter is. One of the questions I have is do I need to get a boat with a pod? I am no hero and wont be going any where too rough but I want to know what is best.

Cheers

Trev

44200[/snapback]

Simple answer is YES. Thats the standard transom length for a long shaft engine, compare that to the cut out on the quintrex dory, and it shows that my boat is actually much deeper sides than the quinnie and others. The big thing is how you drive your boat, dont reverse into boat wash, dont stop your boat too fast and its not a problem though. First few times out I did get some water over the back (only a little bit), but soon learnt. The same thing will happen to all boats without a pod/motor well, very few tiller steer boats have a motor well deep enough to make a difference - tiller gets in the way and its impractical.

I have actually built a rear cast deck into the boat since that photo, and have raised the transom cutout about 2" above that height. Get a bilge pump in (essential if you have a full floor) and you dont even worry about it.

Good luck with the search - you might want to look at the Sea Jay boats in this range, I liked them too, but mine won out on cost and delivery time (it was in the boat yard)

Adrian