Stessl Edgetracker 3.85

Narralakes

I have a soft spot for the Stessl's. Edgetracker are great...just ask Mike! (Sputnik) :thumbup:

44151[/snapback]

Ken,

I can't vouch for the 3.85, but my 4.75 is an absolutely brilliant boat. Smooth riding, dry, good stability at rest and plenty of room to fish from - very well though out, too. Call the guys at Belmont Affordable Boats (who are, spookily enough, in Belmont near Newcastle): 4947 0055. They're really nice to deal with and will put a good package together...

Even before I got mine, I used to fly-fish from an old Stessl in Tassie, and that thing was just about bomb-proof. Great boats, IMHO.

Sputnik,

Would you take you edge traker out into Sydney Harbour? say out to sow and pigs or is not the right shape/size?

This may seem a simple question but I am fairly new to boating only used canoe and small 10ft tinnie.

:1boat:

Thanks Joe, George, and Sputnik,

I'm going to have a look at one today and it is nicely packaged up as well. Will keep that number in mind Mike if this boat is not what I want. I am hoping to mainly fish the estuaries with it, but the guy reckons he has had it out Box Head in good conditions, so I hope to get it into the harbour and Pittwater as well Trev. This boat is 76 cms deep, so will handle a calm day anywhere I would imagine. Opinions? Thanks again guys, this Forum and the guys on it rock! :thumbup::1clap:

Keep asking mate, I have my eye on a 385 explorer with a 25 to go on a camper, can't go to the 385 edge tracker it's too wide and heavy. Have a limit of 100 kg and 1.8 wide. But it is a nice boat, looks very stable!

Howard.

Sputnik,

Would you take you edge traker out into Sydney Harbour? say out to sow and pigs or is not the right shape/size?

This may seem a simple question but I am fairly new to boating only used canoe and small 10ft tinnie.

:1boat:

44167[/snapback]

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you, Trev.

Yes, I've had the boat out in the harbour a few times and felt perfectly comfortable, but make no bones about it, this is a rig made for fishing estuaries and impoundments. The decks are a little high for anyone who's not too confident (or a heavy chop). There is a small lower section, but that really only accommodates one fisherman.

However, for the puropose it was built for, I still reckon it's a great boat. Hope that helps.

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you, Trev. 

Yes, I've had the boat out in the harbour a few times and felt perfectly comfortable, but make no bones about it, this is a rig made for fishing estuaries and impoundments.  The decks are a little high for anyone who's not too confident (or a heavy chop).  There is a small lower section, but that really only accommodates one fisherman.

However, for the puropose it was built for, I still reckon it's a great boat.  Hope that helps.

44367[/snapback]

Thanks for the Info and advice

Cheers

Trev