My New Boat

steze

Hi everyone, Just thought I'd like to share my joy with my first boat. Its a 4.5 metre Cuddy Cabin with a 70hp Yamaha outboard engine. I picked it up online for a decent price. Boat comes with everything I need and I don't have to fix anything at all. Just waiting at the moment to do my practical hours to fill out my log book then of to do my license test. Words cannot express the excitement of having my own boat. Does anyone know whether it is neccessary to purchase insurance on the boat? Im quite new to the scene and one of my mates who owns a boat said that there is no need to get insurance for a cheap boat. Also does the under 25 rule apply as well? Because if it does then I might have to put it under my fathers name.

post-13982-127613414375_thumb.jpg

post-13982-127613412697_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, Just thought I'd like to share my joy with my first boat. Its a 4.5 metre Cuddy Cabin with a 70hp Yamaha outboard engine. I picked it up online for a decent price. Boat comes with everything I need and I don't have to fix anything at all. Just waiting at the moment to do my practical hours to fill out my log book then of to do my license test. Words cannot express the excitement of having my own boat. Does anyone know whether it is neccessary to purchase insurance on the boat? Im quite new to the scene and one of my mates who owns a boat said that there is no need to get insurance for a cheap boat. Also does the under 25 rule apply as well? Because if it does then I might have to put it under my fathers name. Sorry I have trouble loading the pics up. I used image shack and it won't keeps saying no files uploaded.

Hi

Now that you have the post up - try to add the pics as an edit. Its the only way I seem to be able to load mine :thumbup:

Oh - & of course - congrats on your new boat. I know how excited I was when I got mine. :yahoo:

Edited by Dusky

Congrats on the boat Steze, its not mandatory to get insurance on the boat but it would probably be a good idea, just in case you are ever liable for damaging someone elses property on the water or even damaging your own boat. Boat insurance is generally a lot cheaper than car insurance due to there being less boating incidents than motoring, so just shop around for a good price.

Awesome congratulations, Steze. You've got many hours of way too much fun ahead of you. In the scheme of things, the cost of running a small boat is small bikkies compared to the enjoyment you'll get out of it.

Cheers, Slinky :1boat:

Thanks everybody for the information. The boat doesn't require me to buy anything else. I just have to work out how to use the fish finder. I believe its a navman. Earlier this morning i contacted some insurance companies to find out some quotes. Going to get it inspected tomorow by one of our great sponsors Xtreme Marine. So hopefully tomorow the report will be good.xx FINGERS CROSSED xx

G'day Nathan, Yea the feeling is awesome. Already I am thinking how much money i am going to waste on my boat to " make it better" . lol.. Ive still got to get my license. Just annoying with time due to work and uni.. I won't be able to get a proper chance till next week, But the guy that's teaching me will be working all week as well. So my frustration just keeps increasing. Hopefully this Friday will work out. Just a quick question for anyone who can help me, If I was driving with a fully licensed person, and police or whoever pulls me over, would i get fined or anything? Because even though im still learning, technically I don't have a license to drive the boat.

Steze,

Congratulations on the new boat. I’m sure you will definitely enjoy it. I can remember the day when we bought our first boat and how overjoyed I was. So I know the feeling.

Hope it brings you heaps of fun and lots of fishing :thumbup:

Cheers,

Out n About

Guest rzep

Just a quick question for anyone who can help me, If I was driving with a fully licensed person, and police or whoever pulls me over, would i get fined or anything? Because even though im still learning, technically I don't have a license to drive the boat.

Hey Steze,

If you are a trainee skipper with a fully licensed skipper and had all appropriate documentation such as the Practical Boating Logbook then you will be fine unless you are breaking some other law.

If you are still having troubles uploading the picture of your boat then you can send it to me and I shall do it for you.

email: rzep@netspace.net.au

Hey Steze,

If you are a trainee skipper with a fully licensed skipper and had all appropriate documentation such as the Practical Boating Logbook then you will be fine unless you are breaking some other law.

If you are still having troubles uploading the picture of your boat then you can send it to me and I shall do it for you.

email: rzep@netspace.net.au

Thanks mate for the info. Ive e-mailed you the pics.

Thanks mate for the info. Ive e-mailed you the pics.

That is no problems.

I have now added the pictures to your original post.

I used to have a boat the exact same as this one.. It was a beauty as well and had a great time with it..Good luck with yours ..

No you dont have to get insurance..

Just a tip,Pulling your anchore can be a pain if you cant access it through the front windows :thumbup:

I just saw the photos Steven very nice.

plenty of room to have a nap if the fish arnt biting also hahahaha

you will be sure to have a lot of fun with it and don't worry the license is a piece of cake just study the test online for a couple of weeks and you will get the hang of it in no time...

Regards,

Nathan

Under 25 rule with insurance doesnt apply for boats, they dont even ask for your personal details when getting a quote, they only ask the Boat Make/Model, Size, Engine Type/Size and location. Thats it.