Lures For Patonga.

dat111

hey everybody,havent been on the forums in a while and havent touched my SP outfit in over a year, before i go i still have all my lures(alot) and jigs etc...

has any members been fishing at patonga recently?

is the fishing hot?

im land based so is there any spots that i could fish from? i rember my rock:) and thats about.

thanks dat.

hey everybody,havent been on the forums in a while and havent touched my SP outfit in over a year, before i go i still have all my lures(alot) and jigs etc...

has any members been fishing at patonga recently?

is the fishing hot?

im land based so is there any spots that i could fish from? i rember my rock:) and thats about.

thanks dat.

Squidgy fish in the pro range colours work well for me around that area for flatties and smaller wrigglers for whiting

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

8ft isnt much of a vessel to sit in mate cant help but get cramped up with low seating as well.

about 10 feet aluminium 2 seater with a bit of width FOR fishing would be a good start and a small otbooard would push it.but respect that river and ocean also dont forget the oars..

i acutally brought my self a 10ft fibreglass with a 5 evinrude that cost me 300 and i was gunna buy a 8ft dinghy for 250 so i got a bargin

but the boat i got needs a few things done 2 it (needs a floor rebulid and a new coat of paint) in the process im looking to put it on a box trailer

• 2 weeks later...

One of my mates in QLD recently got a 3.6M tinny with a 25HP donk

on a bit of a dodgey trailer for $200

He took it home

went to the pub to buy the seller a slab to say thanks

took it round to the guys place....

He wasn't there

The cops had taken him away!

If it looks too good to be true, it just might be. :biggrin2:

Cheers

mine wasnt a dodgy sale,the trailer rego checked out in the sellers name.that makes him tracable for the boat that i bought from him, so thats safe enough for me.the boat wasnt great condition-wise but floats.

picked it up at the local public markets on a sunday morning.

Squidgy fish in the pro range colours work well for me around that area for flatties and smaller wrigglers for whiting

Pete

i agree but also 65mm squidgy wriglers with bloodworm being my favourite . also that water is ideal 4 a kayak . have u thought about getting one for up that way .

craig

thanks boys i sold the boat by its self for 300 after spedning about 150 on her:) i made a decdent profit,im thinking of making the 5hp as an auxtrilary motor for my new cabby boat:) ill post some pics later on this arcvo

I know a guy who watches boats on trailers parked in drives, front yards etc, if they havent moved in 6 months or so he knocks on the door and asks if they want it, he reckons if the trailer tyres are flat theres a good chance he will get it for nothing. He then fixes them up and sells them.