Get Me A Saddle ! "now U Can See The Photo's"

Went out on the harbour over the weekend and enjoyed some great fishing and moved around a lot looking for new spots and was lucky to come across a couple horses . On Sat was fishing the Lane Cove and had a few half decent fish in the boat and started casting a plastic into the brown water near a rock section of shoreline when I got a hit that near ripped the rod out of my hands and then my reel started screaming like a smacked child , I was on 4lb leader and had to back the drag off and chase it aroung a while before it stoped having big runs , I used the electric to tow her out into the channel and get this solid fish out in the open away from anything that could bust me off . With the light gear I was really sweating and had to hold on for about 5mins until I got a glimpse HORSE :1yikes: , thats all i could think What a HORSE. Scooped him up and tried to take a couple of shots with the timer as i was by myself . The yellow ruler at 40cms was to small to measure this fish to the fork even and I had to guess it was about 42cm to the fork a solid fish and It really made my day . If you were in the Lane Cove on Sat around 1pm you probably heard me YAAAHHHOOOOOING .

post-10942-127663701122_thumb.jpgpost-10942-127663700567_thumb.jpg

post-10942-127663701808_thumb.jpg

The next day went out with my mate just looking for new spots and trying a few different things when yet again a HORSE rears it's big blue nosed head , this time as the day before from the blistering runs , I knew that I was again connected to another HORSE and after 4mins or so of holding on and hoping , my mate put it in the net and I had 39cm to the fork .

post-10942-127663703025_thumb.jpg

This topped off my weekend , what a great couple days fishing .

Looking forward to meeting everyone down at the Social day on the Georges ,

Cheers

Bubba

:au:

Edited by Dan BUBBA Frost

Bubba - congratulations on some fantastic bream :thumbup: . Obviously the harbour is fishing much better than the Georges R and Botany Bay. I fished Towra Point, Woolooware Bay and Georges R during the incoming tide on Sunday arvo / evening for one undersize bream and two undersized flatties :( . I chucked everthing from SPs, blades and divers for nothin :wacko: .

Bubba - congratulations on some fantastic bream :thumbup: . Obviously the harbour is fishing much better than the Georges R and Botany Bay. I fished Towra Point, Woolooware Bay and Georges R during the incoming tide on Sunday arvo / evening for one undersize bream and two undersized flatties :( . I chucked everthing from SPs, blades and divers for nothin :wacko: .

Well I havn't fished the area's you have been fishing for a while but it does sound like it's a bit slow , I usually find it pretty slow in the Georges compared to Syd harbour , but I have fished the harbour 1000 times where as the Georges i would have done maybe 10 or 12 sessions . The Jet Ski's kill it for me in the warmer months I hate going fishing whilst some tool hammers past me at 80kph in a 4kt zone with his gold chain and mullet flapping in the wind . The harbour is fishing well and if you get a chance then you should give it a go , the Parra river and Lane Cove both have a lot of fish at the moment .

Cheers

Bubba

Woohoo!! CONGRATULATIONS Bubba on you MONSTER bream!! Amazing pics there, Bubba!! WOW! So glad they didn't rub you off in weed or wrap around hidden structure ..... then to go out & do it AGAIN just goes to show it was a canny cunning angler, not 'just lucky'!!

You are ON FIRE just now! Well done - can't wait to catch up on the weekend

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Dont worry mate i found it hard in the same areas too that morning. i got 4 just legal bream a heap or little reddies and a few flounder but that was it and i know one of the boys from shimano that fished towra for just one whiting 43cm and he is a hell of alot better than i am thats for sure

Great work bubba i am really keen to fish the lane cove soon maybe try tackle a nice sized jewie as well

Did you fish the sholehaven comp and are you doin the hawkesbury one commin up? i might try make the weigh in for that

Pete

Great work bubba i am really keen to fish the lane cove soon maybe try tackle a nice sized jewie as well

Did you fish the sholehaven comp and are you doin the hawkesbury one commin up? i might try make the weigh in for that

Pete

Thanks Pete,

the sholehavern comp im not sure? we fished one at sussex and won about a month ago Team Marineware we are called , and I won't be doing the Hawkesbury one as I am pretty sure it's this weekend,[ not a 100% sure ] and so is the soft plastics social but I am looking forward to meeting a heap of raiders and having some fun and sharing some info.

Bubba

Edited by Dan BUBBA Frost

Nice bream Dan and a good effort running that one down and pulling it out of the snags using the electric and then finally netting it .. catching five bream in a row of that calibre would be just about enough to win every tournament you fished in :thumbup: ..

Dan I wonder if you would be kind enough to include me and and my mates in your tuturial group on Sunday.....

Signed Barry- Public Relations Officer for jewgaffer and friends, and potential lure fisherman of unknown calibre post-829-127665335009_thumb.jpg :lol:

Cheers mate :D

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Nice brimz!

Loved that place, 5 years of solid fishing it for bream and I would confidently say there have been more 40cm+ bream pulled out of there on lures than any other LEGAL fishing area in the Harbour.

No other place will turn on and off like the Cove does either! A true heart breaker at times.....

Greg