Beach Fishing Central Coast

craigtempo

im staying up at norah head [ central coast ] for a week or so in the july school holidays and plan to do a fare bit of fishing both on the beach and on the lake in my yak .

can anyone give me some advice as to what fish species would be around that time of year . i imagine salmon and tailor from the beach [ bream ????? ] and not quite sure what would be in the lake .

thanks

craig

Edited by craigtempo

im staying up at norah head [ central coast ] for a week or so in the july school holidays and plan to do a fare bit of fishing both on the beach and on the lake in my yak .

can anyone give me some advice as to what fish species would be around that time of year . i imagine salmon and tailor from the beach [ bream ????? ] and not quite sure what would be in the lake .

thanks

craig

Throw out some pilchards on gangs on a nice tide and you could get into some Tailor and Salmon off the beaches....

Craig, Its a bit early from the bigger Sambo's but off most beaches Taylor, Bream, Jewies, Whiting and Salmon

Fish sunrise/sunset for Taylor and Salmon,

Fish nights for Jewies,

Fish daytimes and ealry evenings/mornings for Whiting and Bream

Baits?- I like beaches worms, mullet slabs, slimey mackerel slabs, and good old pippies (where you can get them), pillies also work OK as does squid strips

Up that way the best beaches are for sure Nth Entrance, Avoca, Nth Avoca, Wamberal and Forresters Beach.

Good luck mate

Anthony

:)