Blackfishing With Old And New Friends

We decided to go for a blackfish session today as Grant hadn't chased them for years and with him down here for the social is was too good an opportunity to miss.

Martin(MartinthePom) new member and my good friend Greg Lee joined us and the weather held off all day with light winds and little if no rain biggrin2.gif

With weed and cabbage from Ray R (THANXS AGAIN MATE) we hit the harbour again and it didnt take long for the action to start(then STOP!!) one down and a good fish and then nothing.

Then as if by magic ,Martin found his way to the water and Grant and I got a double hook up 1yikes.gif

Greg arrived as well and they were on yahoo.gif we all landed very nice fish in a few hours and ended the day with around 20 very solid fish,a few missed and busted off.

Thanks fellas for a top day on the harbour and I cant wait to do it again really soon.

post-256-127711307258_thumb.jpg

post-256-127711308022_thumb.jpg

post-256-127711308846_thumb.jpg

post-256-127711309669_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordie

It was so nice nailing some nice blackies. :thumbup:

I haven't caught one for ages. You know the quality of fish is very good when you're calling 33cm small! :1yikes:

It was a really relaxing & fun day. Poor Stewy was copping it from Greg & I all day.( only because he was hooking up all the time! ) He wore it well though! :ranting2::074:

It was great to have a chin wag with Greg for a while. I hope we get the chance to fish together again soon mate.

Martin is also a top bloke. Even for a Pom! :tease:

Thanks for getting the weed Ray & thanks for the day Stewy. :thumbup: It's been way too long between fishes for us. :thumbdown:

Cheers,

Grant.

Well I guess I brought some of the same Pommy luck that saw us win the Ashes , the Rugby and the raffle at the excellent Soft Plastics session on Sunday.

Don't be horrid to Greg ,the fish really was that big even if he isn't !

Loved hooking up with you guys and looking forward to learning more from you on how to catch your amazing Aussie fish.

Well done boys. :thumbup:

They're quality Blackies. Glad you were poling em for a while... great fun. Wish I could have stayed an extra day and brought a banana along fishing with you. Then you would have caught some quality fish :074:

Welcome aboard as a member, Martin. It was good to meet you at the social and I hope that rod gets put to good use catching 4oz Roach and stuff :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky

They are definitely quality blackies there boys. Great size to them, especially the one Greg is holding! :thumbup:

At first I thought of the three Stooges fishing, but then realised there were four of you. However, I can now clearly see it was the “Marx Brothers Go Fishin’”.

Help me out. Who was who? Chico – Greg?, Groucho – Stewy?, Zeppo – Martin?, Harpo – Grant? … just leaving “weed and cabbage supplier” Ray R as the 'absent brother' - Gummo? :074:

Well done to the four of you on what was obviously a great session and a fun day.

Cheers

Peter

Nice job Boys great looking Blackfish, Makes the ones in the river look like babies,Grant its was good to catch up with you again and Greg nice to meet you last weekend, Martin welcome to Fishraider hope you enjoy your fishing in Australia catch you all soon Cheers Stephen (Reggie the Rabbit)

Well done boys!! I AM VERY JEALOUS!! Very nice looking fish! I have a smoked blackfish pie in the freezer that I will share with my stepmother this weekend! Then I'll have to catch some more!!! Good excuse, anyway!

Cheers

Roberta

Stewy shame i didnt get the camera out, all you guys standing on that rock sure looked good.

thumbup.gif

That would have been great biggrin2.gif especially as I was hooked up yahoo.gif

Cheers Stewy

well done boys - makes me wish i had followed through on my plans to go on monday morning but unfortunately I decided to sleep in after working late saturday night and up early for the social. Oh well I got some nice breamies instead monday night.

Some of those fish are real stonkers! I can just imagine the banter going on between you guys - would have been a real fun outing even without the fish.

pete.

hi where abouts did you catch those beutiful fishes? thanks.

Sydney Harbour biggrin2.gif the bigger fish seem to be in the harbour.

Cheers Stewy

So wo put you on that spot Swordy! Was getting them there in March with Marley and his Dad on a quickie from NZ! Its a top spot that ledge you get them on both tides or not? watch out raiders my return for Novemebr 2011 is booked in this time permanent! So looking forward to it :beersmile:

Sorry for the late reply boyz!

Been living out of boxes with this house moving caper.... :ranting2:

Great day as usual Stewy and top time sharing the ledge with ya Grant, had a ball!

Nice to see you on hear Martin, finally! :biggrin2:

Well June has been the turning point for me and looks like the fishing mojo is starting to come back :thumbup: Fishing has turned the corner and the snappers and blackfish have been back in numbers. I better get out for a tuna run because as they say luck runs in 3's! :biggrin2:

Looking forward to the carp bash on Tuesday Martin, should be fun! :thumbup:

Greg