Bream Fishing Off Sydney Heads Sat Arvo

funnierthanu

Was going out sunday for a fish but due to the swell picking up decided to head out sat arvo . Got on the blower and had 2 mates here and waiting within 10 minutes ( never a shortage when it comes to wetting a line ). We got down to rose bay at 3.30 and headed out to south head and anchored up .I had only fished this spot once once in the last 10 years . Wind was sw 10knots for 10 minutes then it picked up to 20.The sea was .5 of a flop and current was non exsistant . We started to burley and it only took 5 minutes for the fish to arrive . Wanted bream but trevally were getting in the way . Started to get the bream but they were way out the back of the boat behind the trevally . The other boys didnt care as trevally are great fun on lite gear . We ended up with a good catch of bream ,trevally ,1 lone red and a few tailor . Got back in time to have a look at the lunar from the ramp .Glad we went yesterday as today the wind is humming .post-9468-127759908435_thumb.jpg

Thats an excellent catch you got how many bream in total? i have fished that spot south head before produces a lot of fish haven't being there in 12 years their is still plenty of fish a bout me and the groper got 22 fish a rose bay 2 weeks a go but its just to cold for me ill give it a rest wait for summer good on you on cheers Jim bream.

Guest Scotty Lyons

Great catch of Bream and Trevally, good to see Bream still in numbers they must be on the move, Bream in the Bay are now in smaller numbers but the few we caught yesterday were full of row which is a little strange for this late in the season.

Mate well done, yes lots of Trevally around in the Bay as well.

Regards Scotty Lyons

Thats an excellent catch you got how many bream in total? i have fished that spot south head before produces a lot of fish haven't being there in 12 years their is still plenty of fish a bout me and the groper got 22 fish a rose bay 2 weeks a go but its just to cold for me ill give it a rest wait for summer good on you on cheers Jim bream.

We had a total of 31 bream and 51 trevally which all were released except for the ones in the photo .

Thats alot of fish

There were no leather jackets as we fish on the surface not the bottom .

Great catch of Bream and Trevally, good to see Bream still in numbers they must be on the move, Bream in the Bay are now in smaller numbers but the few we caught yesterday were full of row which is a little strange for this late in the season.

Mate well done, yes lots of Trevally around in the Bay as well.

Regards Scotty Lyons

I fished the bay on thurs with a business associate for 50 fish , sat in the same part of the bay that you stated and only got 10 bream the rest trevally . They were alot of under size that went back