Pumicestone Passage 26/4

Ken A

Myself & Hookem Herby had a session around at Monash Street this morning during a couple of rare wind free hours.

We kicked off at 6.30am & waded around the weed beds throwing Ecogear SX-40's looking for a bream or 2. Just after we started fishing I had a strike close in & was surprised with a Shovelnose Shark. Never taken one of those on a lure before but it proves SX-40's can catch anything :biggrin2:

We moved around a bit as the tide started rising & we ended up getting 3 small Bream around the 23 - 25cm mark & a nice Flathead about 45cm. I kept the flatty for a feed.

Things were very slow as the tide kept rising so we called it a day.

The fishing was slow but after 21 days in a row of south east wind it was nice to get a couple hours fishing in.

Good going Ken and Hookem,

I must be one of the few not to use an SX - 40, but then again, havnt used the flick stick for ages anyhow. The wind has been very quiet down this way Ken, hardly a breeze all day and glassy conditioins. But that is all about to change with a southerly forecast for Friday and probably some of Saturday, just in time for Sundays social on Brissy Waters :ranting2:

It just won't let up here :thumbdown:

Here is todays forecast

Southeast Coast Waters, Double Island Point to Coolangatta:

Wednesday until midnight:  SE winds 20 knots. Lighter S/SW winds inshore early. Seas 1.8 metres. Squally showers.

Thursday:  SE winds 15/20 knots. Lighter SW winds inshore early. Seas 1.6 metres. Squally showers.

Friday:  SE winds 15 knots.

Saturday:  S/SE winds 15/20 knots.

Indeed a morning with little wind was greatly appreciated! :1clap::1fishing1:

Was nice to dust off the spin stick and get the first bream of the season out of the way ... another few weeks and the big mammas should start to move in. :yahoo:

Was a lovely morn anyhow. Good to catch up KA ... bring on the QLD Fishraider Social Day :thumbup:

Herby