Hacking Flathead

Morgs84

G'day Raiders.

had a day off work yesterday and it looked nice out theres so went for a fish in the hacking, fished start of the run out tide.

first spot fishing the drop off of a sandbar got a flathead that went about 38, then it all went quiet,

i moved to the edge of another sandbar close by and first cast Bang! i feel a big weight in the line and see it taking off in the other direction. i get some line back and its making a large circle around my poor little tinny, the waters crystal clear and i get a perfect view of a beautiful flathead kicking through the water with every fin on its back extended cuting throught the water, it looked awesome.

i was fishing with 6 pound leader on bream gear so i thought that would be as close as i got to him, but a few big kicks later and he was in the net and the leader went Ping! Just got him! :1fishing1:

it went just over 70cms and after a quick photo was released to fight another day

i used berkley gulp shrimp in natural colour and a 1/16th jig head, that ended up looking worse for wear!

Sorry its long winded but its a pb flathead for me and im still happy about it! :yahoo:

Cheers

Morgspost-13172-127779962026_thumb.jpgpost-13172-127779971337_thumb.jpg

Great report and congratulations on the new PB :thumbup:

PS - I would be worried about using that brand of jighead again!!

Ha ha yeah they are only cheapies (cutloose i think they are nitro jigheads from ******) but you can also pick up gulp sps for 7 bucks a pack down there so its pretty good.

with the jig heads what brand would you suggest? im still experimenting with different ones but this is the second one thats ended up looking like that

Ha ha yeah they are only cheapies (cutloose i think they are nitro jigheads from ******) but you can also pick up gulp sps for 7 bucks a pack down there so its pretty good.

with the jig heads what brand would you suggest? im still experimenting with different ones but this is the second one thats ended up looking like that

NITRO :o

Mate there one of the best. I get my plastics from there too.

I use Berkley and TT jigheads and haven't had a problem.

Edited by cut_loose

Seriously nice flatty mate.

Re the nitro jighead,,, what weight line and leader were you fishing>

Cheers

Chris

G'day chris,

10pound braid onto 6 pound flurocarbon leader. it only just held up!

Morgs

G'day Raiders.

Sorry its long winded but its a pb flathead for me and im still happy about it! :yahoo:

Cheers

Morgspost-13172-127779962026_thumb.jpgpost-13172-127779971337_thumb.jpg

dont worry about long winded reports - that make for great reading. Thanks & well done M8.

:thumbup:

brilliant flatty. that jig head looks a bit bent, if its a nitro they are only fine wire, but ultra sharp, so really you cant have all the benefits, i wouldnt change unless you are just chasing flatties or not planning on catching those big girls often :1prop:

cheers bassboy