Ultra Light Baitcast Rod - New Toy

slinkymalinky

Hi Raiders,

My new ABU 1500 baitcaster is currently matched to a 5'3" Silstar Traverse X 1-3kg rod. It's a great rod but a little outdated and I'm looking for something in high modulus graphite in the 1-3kg range. It's for casting lures down to about 3g / 1/8oz (yes... with a baitcaster).

I've found a Gary Howard stick and I think there's a Nitro... are there any others?

Cheers, Slinky

Popular online store has some good specials on at the moment. $200 bucks for a TD Sol Rod. Might be worth a look at some of there rods. I think its like 20 % all rods.

Cheers

Thanks CL... but not light enough :biggrin2: Do I sound like I'm being fussy :074: It really does have to be ultra light.

Cheers, Slinky

4gm lures the Millerods Blade Master Light long cast in spiral wrap.

it's a 2-5kg rod but nothing else compares!

I have these matched with Steez baitcasters and out casts anything else I have seen.

Get em done with any guides you wish and with either cork or camo grips(still don't know what I like more), I went one of each both with gold cermets and I'm a sold fan of spiral wraps, it takes all the rod twist out when using an overhead.

Greg

pflueger are regarded and around $100 that is ifthey have a baitcaster google their site

lox have breakage guarantee although no b/caster?

t curve if they b/c

sol great too

nitro over $400 but nicer

• 1 month later...

I settled on (and now have) a Nitro Outlaw Tournament Bass... 6' 1-3kg and sweet as a nut!! (and hopefully not too obvious among the many other rods in the rack).

Cheers, Slinky

Yo slinky, I know this may be a bit late, but I wanted to suggest the American made carrot stick. I held one and it was the lightest ever rod I've ever handled.

Cheers mate.

I settled on (and now have) a Nitro Outlaw Tournament Bass... 6' 1-3kg and sweet as a nut!! (and hopefully not too obvious among the many other rods in the rack).

Cheers, Slinky

Can I borrow your wallet one day? Too many toys for you!

Daniel

..... (and hopefully not too obvious among the many other rods in the rack). .....

:074: :074: Have you been taking lessons from me??? My motto - if you can't convince them, confuse them!!

Keith wouldn't know one rod from another!! I must start handing some of my other ones to my brothers!! :1prop:

Looking forward to the first report with a bass hanging on the end of it!! :thumbup:

Roberta