I Love Japan

Little Hooker

Hey fellow fishos,

Ive been in japan for almost a week now my 3 main purpose are 1. Keep the gf happy 2. sight seeing 3. Visit as many tackle stores as i can.

Ive been doin alot of 1 and 2 lately but today really went all out on 3. I have been a coulpe of shops in shibuya and tbh wasnt really impress with there range of boating tackle. Tho today in Osaka totally blew my mind away with all the goodies they have in a shop! With-in 30mins i spent 1000bucks.

few

* Gamakastu luxxe ocean almea s57xh jig rod. Anyone know much about these rods and there performace? We went through a few jigging rods which were made in japan,zenith was the first one which felt good and with a %30 off which almost made me buy it buy but i had to hold a few more but i decieded untill the luxxe rod. This rod sure felt the best and look jus how is felt out of what i held! SOLD! From 43000 down from 46000vyen with %10 i couldnt walk away from it. Im so suprise that saltiga rods are made in thailand, catatlina and smift rods are made in china :S. I happy to say these are made in japan which lets me sleep easy.

* few rolls of varivas jig braid

* hand full of duel lures

* Alot of varivas assit hooks

* New handle for my exist reel that i lost (sigh)

In luck the shop had a sale on which i got %10 off the total price which was handy. Shame as exchange rate is so crap now or i couldnt help my self with all jammed packed goodies.

There a few other shops in osaka area but i dont think my wallet will like it very much and that i have to starve for a week??!?

I love it here!

Mate it sounds like your having an awesome time over there. I would love for a chance to go japan. Perhaps I will be fortunate to have higher exchange rate haha. Have you looked into buying any electronics? I heard its quite cheap over there. What else did you see in the tackle shop that is substantially cheaper then Australia, I'd really like to know.

Flyin to japan is cheap as chips these days by Jetstar but the x change rates are so up and down right now it makes me cry! I had a chance when our dollar to yen was almost 90 but jus waited for 1 week to scab a few more cents and it drop almost 20 in that week :ranting2: It went down even more since ive arrive, im so lucky ive changed all i had in aus.

TBH i dont find electrioncs that cheap,kinda on par from buyin it from the HK or states atm. My misses brought a camera which was cheaper in HK then japan and it comes in english too where japanese models dont. Brought a back up battery here and it was pretty much the same price as the states but ofc i dont pay delivery fees :biggrin2:

Gday simon what would you like to order?? I'm still here for 1 more day

Edited by Little Hooker

My wife is Japanese and I have had a lot of very cheap lures, line and all types of gear sent to me and for the price is very good value

and quality. I was extremely surprised but you do have to be careful.Two reels without a brand on it were of excellent quality.

Go for it buddy. My tackle came from Sapora.

A japanese connection is so cool! It probably send me broke in no time .I Didnt get a chance to head up to the northern islands of japan this time round.

Im goin to do one last stop when i get back to tokyo and buy extra squid jigs and lures with the loose change i hopefully have left on the last day.

A japanese connection is so cool! It probably send me broke in no time .I Didnt get a chance to head up to the northern islands of japan this time round.

Im goin to do one last stop when i get back to tokyo and buy extra squid jigs and lures with the loose change i hopefully have left on the last day.

Just out of curiosity what are Miya Epoch x8's worth over there mate?

2 more days in japan and its windin down time and what do i do to wind down??? Shopping at a fishing store :thumbup:. Spent a hr at joshuya jumbo store and boy it is really jumbo. Walked out with alot of bait jigs more squid jigs on top of the ones i brought in osaka, slugs, PR bobin and a few other little things. Might do a fast stop over tomorro with the loose change i have for hooks . haha

The luring of the colourful jigs always led me to buy more squid jigs?? Ive brought well over 15 squid jigs i dont think i will ever use all of them but they sure will look good hangin off my computer desk. :biggrin2:

Just for anyone that wants to know some info, i found products abit cheaper in osaka then tokyo, and it seems to be more shops down in osaka too. Tho i think 1 shop will be enough to cure your needs and addicton for fishing.

Ive brought well over 15 squid jigs i dont think i will ever use all of them but they sure will look good hangin off my computer desk. :biggrin2:

You are truly a tackle junkie mate... i think you got more squid jigs at your place than there are squids in the ocean. We should have a little squidding rematch when you get back here.

I had no problems getin through customs aye. Gold coast customs was a breeze they didnt even pop open my bag, the officer did ask if i used my rod in fresh water which i replied only used in salt water and out we went. :thumbup: Not sure how it would of been in sydney customs.