Tweed Feed.

G'day all.

I was hanging to get out in the boat y/day but the :wife: had other plans for me. :ranting2:

Around midday JJ wants to have a fish out back. I got his rod ready & gave him some bait while I continued my chores.

10 mins later the little bloke is calling out to me. He's nailed a nice 45cm flattie.

The :wife: says we'll need another one to feed us for dinner. That was all I needed to down tools & grab my rod! :biggrin2:

3 casts with the little blade later I'm on & feel good weight. I backed the drag off to look after the 6lb leader. After a nice little fight I land a 58cm flattie that was fat & in great nick.

After that JJ got a bream & an eel while I watched on.

No more work after that as I had to fillet the fish to get dinner sorted! :074::beersmile:

Looks like we'll have a nice run of winter flatties again. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Im so jealous. I wish i could go for a flick out the back and land a few Flattys like that. If i went for a quick cast out the back im pretty sure i would have my SX 40 stuck in a tree like someone else we know. :biggrin2:

Nice feed there mate. Well done. :1fishing1:

Thanks for the replies fellas. :thumbup:

It's been a great move for us coming up here from the rat race 3.5 yrs ago.

The worst part about it is having to drive out of my driveway every morning to build pools! :ranting2:

It it is our little piece of paradise.

I do miss fishing with my mates back in Sydney. Even more so when I have to fish with Slinky instead!! :tease::074:

Truly though, it is great having him up this way. :04:

Many a Raider has been for a visit, a stay & a fish. Just off the top of my head we have had Slinky & family here, the Swordies, FishingBear, Roberta & Keith, Bubba, Outdoordan, Janifin & his wife & some others I'm sure.

If any of my Raider mates are up on the Gold Coast be sure to drop me a p.m so we can catch up for a fish.

I'm only 20mins from Coolangatta airport but at least I'm still in NSW!! :1punk:

It's just really cool to have a kid like JJ who is as keen as I was at that age to fish with. I'm sure living here will be good for the kids.

Cheers,

Grant.

A couple of nice fish for the table there Grant. Well done to JJ for a great flattie there.

It is just a shame that you have to travell so far from home to have a quality fish :biggrin2:

You know it's going to be fresh when it was caught 30 mins prior to hitting the frying pan! :biggrin2:

Great location, top fun and a feed for the family. It doesn't get any better than that. Well done :yahoo:

Cheers

Skip

I notice in your report that you didn't mention phoning me to tell me about it just because you knew I wasn't allowed out to play :ranting2:

Nice looking fish, JH. Looks like the bigger models have moved in out the back. Time to get out the 3" Electric Chicken prongs :biggrin2:

Fantastic that JJ & L has that at their doorstep... not only for the fun they have now but in 20 or 30 years time they'll be the sorts of memories that bring a big smile.

Sunday is looking like the weather's good... want to hit the river (you might have to carry me to the boat) :074:

Cheers, Slinky

JJ & JH bringing home the bacon!! Well done, boys!!

You truly ARE in a magnificent part of the country, Grant - and are always 'on the list' to visit when we are in the area! Don't forget to put that weekend aside NEXT year for the Scotty Bass Bash at the Dam ..... sometime in Feb - I'll let you know the date when it is up! :biggrin2:

Great to have mates drop by, eh, when in the area? Just make sure they leave some fish for me next time! :wacko: I think you & JJ had caught them all by the time i got there!

Also let us know when you are coming down this way - always room for you here so leave a day or so each way for a stopover when heading south with the family!

Take care, love to the family

Roberta