Arrow Squid - The Spit

Luringbream

Ive missed out on the large run of arrow squid for the last two seasons i cant seem to remember which month they are at their peak. I've tried fishing through forums for previous posts of mine however ive had no luck in finding them.

Anyhow, are they on? Has anyone been out lately?

DB

Hey Slinky,

What boat did you cruise around in? :)

It was always the same crews at un-godly hours of the night doing drifts for squid!

Sometimes the squidding was more fun than the fishing!

Cheers,

Wack'

I was always in my 480 Quinnie Freedom Sport (didn't have the 'Slinky' stickers back then). Used to see your low slung machine drifting back and forth among the first few pylons on the south side of the bridge and along in front of the moored boats :1boat:

My favourite gaps were the centre span and the gaps either side from about 30m up river to about 50m below the bridge on each drift. Never went much on anchoring up like quite a few do... the squid always move around and different spots around the bridge would run hot for around 15-30 minutes then go off but a few drifts would usually find them in another spot depending on the stage of the tide.

Usually got all I needed for a day kingie fishing without too much trouble although I always preferred Calimaris to Arrows so the spit squid were my 'back-ups' in case the harbour spots failed to deliver :biggrin2:

Took me a while to make the connection that you were wacko of FR.

Cheers, Slinky