Monster Kurnell Cuttle Fish

Basil D

Caught this Giant Cuttle fish, me and adjusted Pete we were fishing toghether in Botany Bay Kurnell Heads, I had a live yellow tail which was killed by a Squid, we caught that squid and then put that yellow tail through a spike and Landed this Beast Went 138cm.

Didnt know I could claim the record as it was Last year.

Thanks for all your help and advise Slinky :thumbup:

post-8352-127915474304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Caught this Giant Cuttle fish, me and adjusted Pete we were fishing toghether in Botany Bay Kurnell Heads, I had a live yellow tail which was killed by a Squid, we caught that squid and then put that yellow tail through a spike and Landed this Beast Went 138cm.

Didnt know I could claim the record as it was Last year.

Thanks for all your help and advise Slinky :thumbup:

:1yikes: Thats one helluvaCuttle Basil, what a stonker!

Hi Basil, I also caught this one last year which was 167cm when i was holding it up, laying on the ground like one big blabber was still big you can tell from the 300mm tiles. Sorry to spoil your record :tease: mayby another raider might come up with a bigger one than mine.

How dare you Spoil my Record :ranting2:

That is nice George, well done mate :thumbup:

thats a nice catch,,,especially for botany Bay!! Dont want to put your fire out,, but that is a normal catch down at Belambi,,,, honestly I have never seen Cuttle fish like I have seen down at Belambi they are HUGE!!!! mind you i have never caught one in Botany bay,,,good going!!!mind u i never catch much in botany Bay!!!!

Nice work on the big cuttle mate. You would be surprised how many there are around to be honest. I have caught a few around that size while fishing for calamari on squid jigs. I believe if you specifcally targeted them you would probably be rather successful.

What did you end up doing with it? I tried to eat one of mine but it was tough as nails, although good flavour. I have released all other big ones since!

Andrew

Don't worry mate, i know a spot we can go together and try and get bigger, at the same time that spot holds some good snapper, we got to do it soon while the snapper are on and use some of the tenticals as bait. :1fishing1:

Include me in the cuttle fish quest Basil :thumbup: I wouldn't mind a walk on walk off session off the Hacking plus a couple of snapper for a change...I hope you are back from casuality by now but as I said to George, I'm pretty sure those symptoms you experienced are typical of what's going around this winter..I was so crook with this particular winter bug myself that at one stage I thought if I take another breath I would die... my older son copped the same symptoms and his mother has been running nursing him like a baby and I reckon I'm the one that's terminal not him but Shirley didn't give birth to me did she..

Keep your chin up mate we'll tee George up and get out and do that snapper session as soon as I hire a stretcher

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Include me in the cuttle fish quest Basil :thumbup: I wouldn't mind a walk on walk off session off the Hacking plus a couple of snapper for a change...I hope you are back from casuality by now but as I said to George, I'm pretty sure those symptoms you experienced are typical of what's going around this winter..I was so crook with this particular winter bug myself that at one stage I thought if I take another breath I would die... my older son copped the same symptoms and his mother has been running nursing him like a baby and I reckon I'm the one that's terminal not him but Shirley didn't give birth to me did she..

Keep your chin up mate we'll tee George up and get out and do that snapper session as soon as I hire a stretcher

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks jewGaffer, got back 3.30 pm, was kept in overnight, my Heart was skipping heart beats all day and I got some pressure build up as well, the pressure and pains went away with one of the Tablets they stuck under my tongue but the Irregular heart beats only went away this morning, after a stress test they were happy to let me go home.

Now to go Fishing :yahoo:

Nice work on the big cuttle mate. You would be surprised how many there are around to be honest. I have caught a few around that size while fishing for calamari on squid jigs. I believe if you specifcally targeted them you would probably be rather successful.

What did you end up doing with it? I tried to eat one of mine but it was tough as nails, although good flavour. I have released all other big ones since!

Andrew

Hey Andrew, the tenticles and candles were the best part of it, chillie, crumbs and herbs and fried, The candles were realy soft.

How dare you Spoil my Record :ranting2:

That is nice George, well done mate :thumbup:

Groper...

CG just used Photoshop.....300mm tiles yeah sure ( just use the image adjust et al!)

Your the man is what I say.

Like something from the Jurassic Period.

Groper...

CG just used Photoshop.....300mm tiles yeah sure ( just use the image adjust et al!)

Your the man is what I say.

Like something from the Jurassic Period.

Thanks Nanook, George is a nice Guy, is close friend of mine, his ok :thumbup: