Brainin The Blackies!

tide'n'knots

gday raiders I had the privilege of spending a day in the boat fishing for blackfish with rickster today and what a day it turned out to be!

we met at the ramp around 7am and hit the water on our quest, and not long after we arrived at the first spot and first cast ricks float disappeared into the depths and that set the pattern for the whole day, by around 9am we had landed about 15 fish already, and some of them were very nice fish indeed. By the time we had fished at 4 different spots and landed fish at each spot we pulled the pin when we had reached our bag limit of 40. I couldnt believe how heavy the bag was to lift into the boat and how full of quality fish it was.

After a some photos and a quick count we realised that we had miscounted somewhere along the way and we had actually caught 42 so 12 were put aside for dinner and the other 30 were released to fight another day.

I thoroughly enjoyed ricks company and guidance. There was jokes and friendly banter flying all day and even a little rivalry to see who could get the most fish and after pulling ahead early in the day rick slowly pegged me back towards the end and I think we were happy to call it a draw, although I reckon I caught the biggest! :yahoo:

Thanks rick for a great day with great company and I look forward to doing it again soon.

pete.

post-8689-127937877323_thumb.jpg

post-8689-127937879048_thumb.jpg

post-8689-127937883008_thumb.jpg

post-8689-127937875768_thumb.jpg

post-8689-127937880493_thumb.jpg

post-8689-127937881744_thumb.jpg

Edited by tide'n'knots

Awesome session on the blackfish fellas 1yikes.gif it doesnt get any better than and the great company just adds to the excitement of the whole day.

Cheers Stewy

Well done Pete & Rick on a MONSTER blackie session! :1yikes: How much fun is that??

I made up my smoked fish pie on Fri & Keith enjoyed it so much, he had it for breakfast yesterday morning as well as dinner last night!!! Very tasty & easy to go down! I have now exhausted the blackies & bream that I had in the freezer, so have a good excuse to go out & catch some more! :biggrin2:

The weather was gorgeous yesterday & looks great for today too! Looking forward to wetting a line SOON!! Going for flatties today.

Cheerio

Roberta

Nice session on the Blackfish Peter and full credit to Rickster for his keenness in travelling and fishing for blackfish and sharing some of his better performing spots :thumbup: Shirley and I like eating blackfish but we've always had to buy them unfortunately.. I've spoken with Rickster, he hails from up my way so when I get back into it Pete we must have a go in some of the blackfish spots in the Hawkesbuy where we would have a chance of getting a jew or two just leaving the jew rods out on the other side of the boat...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Just wanna add to Petes post. Thoroughly enjoyed the day, especially as the the banter grew.

Pete is very down to earth and great company. Again once we set up the float and his rig correctly there was no stopping him. Was definetely beating me during the middle of the session but by the end of the day we probably finished about equal, or so I'm claiming. About Petes claim about getting the biggest fish (actually he got the biggest two or three) it was the least I could do as after all, we were in his boat!

Rick