Mission Accomplished

Guest rzep

Well what can I say,

How proud am I :D

For a little while now my son Mitch has been telling me that he wants to catch fish on lures like I do as he doesn't want to fish with bait any more.

I have had him out on the boat for a couple of times over the last couple of weeks and I thought with today being the last day of the school holidays that we would get out there and give it another go.

His casting is of a high standard now and he knows where to cast his lure too but he has just not connected to anything until this morning.

He has had a couple of hits before this morning but nothing to put a smile on his dial :)

Now he has caught plenty of fish before but not on lures and he did everything himself this morning (even selecting which rod he wanted out of the rod rack).

One of the first casts of the morning and BANG.

At first there was not much of a fight but as he got it closer to the boat it took a couple of great runs and I could see the mixed emotions running through Mitch's little mind.

He brought it up to the boat like a true champion, well done mate :thumbup:

A quick pic and we let it go for a swim...measured at 48cm's

I wish I had a better camera as I tried to get a shot of it as it was swimming away but it did not turn out.

post-13982-127952397754_thumb.jpg

Paul - congratulations on getting the young fella onto his first fish via lure.....you have probably created a fanatic (my son Bassboy refuses to even consider bait fishing :biggrin2: ) and I can only imagine how he will react to his first surface lure capture :yahoo: .

Well done Mitch - you'll be posting your own pics & fishing reports very soon, I reckon!! You have to work on Mum & Dad to get your own camera too!! Preferably a water proof one!! :biggrin2:

Terrific result, Paul - how good is that!? And a decent size too!! Now he doesnt have to deal with smelly old bait any more!! Good way of getting the girls into it, too!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Another proud as punch Dad... thats AWESOME Paul :thumbup:

Good on ya Mitch for getting your first on lure- I know the feeling its pretty darn good...

Kepp em coming mate, top stuff I cannot wait till my Son is old eneough to hold his own rod and land nice Flatties like those.

:1clap::1clap::1clap:

Tight lines

Anthony

:)

Nice effort on catching a flathead on a lure young Mitch :thumbup: there's no slowing down now mate you'll have to have more sessions with your Dad and remember flathead are a sort after fish and grow to well over a metre long no problems...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

good on ya mitch and good onya dad for taking the time to teach your young bloke the fine art of lure fishing im 26 and spent thousands on gear and boats trying to figure it out (still havnt), wish my old man was into lures lol.

jokes aside top stuff mate cant wait to see a few more posts of the same kind.

cheers hamerz. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by hamerz84

when you start on plastics you cant stop :) awesome effort

i wonder tho... how many people ended up opening this report because it said mission accomplished and was in the parra river? had jewfish written all over it :P haha

Itd be hard heading off to school after a day like that! what a good way to finish off your hols!

now youve got some competition on your hands it seems,

Good work mitch

now off to school so we can catch some :074:

Morgs