Big Blue

cajun

The guy holding the fish is my mates mate Gidge.

The Boat is Nitro out of Narooma, the fish weighed 295Kg.

Some other photos have been promised - and I can get more details. They didn't see the shark(s). The fish had more bite marks than you can see in this photo.

This one is real too Joe :biggrin2::1prop:

The fish on the Gantry showing attack from more than one noah.

and one more showing the lure with the fish being traced / boated.

Cheers

Ken

post-134-1114749575_thumb.jpg

post-134-1115166359_thumb.jpg

post-134-1115166422_thumb.jpg

if it came up dead more than likely you would have to disqualify. either way every bite being taken is making ur record less and less.

why did they keep the blue? doesnt look like they were comp fishing.

My understanding of the rules is that it would not be eligible for a record claim. But the last time I looked at IFGA rules was a LONG time ago so it may have changed.

Sharked fish used to come under the heading of mutilated catch & are not eligible.

Be interested to know if thats changed.

thats the one Swoff.

Apparently a few on the other side towards the tail.

My recollection of IGFA rules are the same as Kens. I don't believe they have changed. A mutilated fish is DQ'd.

More photos early next week.

Ken

Guest Jocool
This one is real too Joe :biggrin2::1prop:

Cheers

Ken

45076[/snapback]

No doubt! :biggrin2:

More details would be handy. GEEZ...It would be a chore lifting something that size into the boat wouldn't it??? :wacko:

Yeah,the rules are that it is mutilated and that the fishes fighting capacity will be shortened due to damage,either way at 600lb that is/was a hell of a Blue,I bet it would have died no matter what any of the anglers could have done anyway from the attacks from the bitey.

Bet it tasted okay.

simon

I saw a fishing show by a fellow Wilson who was somewhere out between NZ and Fiji on a large flashy fishing yacht with several tenders. They had multiple hookups on black and blue marlin from memory. One marlin was freshly mutilated when landed and after that they gave it some thought it was determined that it was probably a giant squid that did the damage. Has anyone else seen that show?

MH

Never saw that show but anything is possible when the fish go deep.

I have had several large tuna get attacked by Cookie Cutter Sharks when they have been circling down deep. They are weird looking sharks & the bite is pretty amazing to look at. A disc of flesh about 50 to 75mm round & 10 mm deep gets taken out clean as a whistle.

Guest Jocool

Welcome to the site Fishcrazy! I gotta say...I've seen your site, and that footage is pretty interesting! :thumbup: