Foster/tuncurry And Hiring Kayaks, Canoes Or A Small Runabout

ctur9967

Hi guys,

I am heading up to foster next weekend for abit of a house warming. My mate has just moved up there to work on the bulladelah by pass.

Does anyone know whether i could hire some kind of water transport to do some fishing from?

Also some advice on where are the good area would be great; Typically i would be using sps and small lures.

Cheers,

Chris

I'll be doing my best to get up there Fabes, would be awesome to hire out some yaks.

You better be!!!

at the moment it looks like i won't have a fishing buddy. No one else is willing to fish, only catch!

Hi Chris

Most boat hire places also hire yaks or canoes .... they don't usually have anchors, tho, so if you have something small but heavy to tie onto the yak plus another section of rope to tie onto poles/leases etc, you'll find it much easier to control.

Usual small lures/sps - any of the chubby lookalikes in particular are good. or SX40-45s. Gulp is pretty well all you'd need sp wise - shrimp & minnow on small jigheads (to 1/30) should get you into fish. I use squidgy fish on flatties on bigger jig heads.

GOod luck

Roberta

We cam thru Bulladelah yesterday & had lunch at the pub on the water - it is also on my list to visit with my yak! :biggrin2:

Thanx for the advice roberta,

perhaps we will see you on the water.

Hi Chris

Most boat hire places also hire yaks or canoes .... they don't usually have anchors, tho, so if you have something small but heavy to tie onto the yak plus another section of rope to tie onto poles/leases etc, you'll find it much easier to control.

Usual small lures/sps - any of the chubby lookalikes in particular are good. or SX40-45s. Gulp is pretty well all you'd need sp wise - shrimp & minnow on small jigheads (to 1/30) should get you into fish. I use squidgy fish on flatties on bigger jig heads.

GOod luck

Roberta

We cam thru Bulladelah yesterday & had lunch at the pub on the water - it is also on my list to visit with my yak! :biggrin2: