Bronte 1/08

frankie machine

post-8442-128064034358_thumb.jpgHey Raiders,

Such a cracking winter day in Sydney so had to get out somewhere. Had some frozen cunjevoi in the freezer so got the Alvey out and headed down to the rocks just south of Bronte Beach. Conditions were very calm but 15 minutes in I had caught one small drummer(about 25cm, who went back in), then got a nice hit. Good looking drummer hooked right on the edge of the lip, managed to get it in but then dropped it - right into my berley bucket. Its thrashing about spraying my face and t-shirt with stinky berley but I managed to subdue it. Caught three more under-sized drummer which went back in - even those small ones put up a tough fight - before one more legal one for the plate. Finished up when I caught two of those horrible red rock cod in a row, but all-in-all a great couple of hours in the winter sun.

Cheers

Edited by frankie machine

Hi Frankie, Once lived at bronte as a kid great place to fish off the beach, in your case the rocks. I got told from a bait shop that cugevoi is no good to freeze but you obsviously have no problems, any tips on that. Cheers George.

Hey Cungee George,

I find it's better if you salt it and keep it in fridge for a couple of days, but if I put it in the freezer I really hit it with a heap of salt and that seems to keep it in okay shape.

Cheers