Lansky Knife Sharpening System

BUSTER 1

Buster1,

they are good as you do not have to worry about holding the knife at the same angle when sharpening, its all done for you. Easy to use and you can sharpen just about anything they even have a serated knife stone.

Big-Pete

Hi buster 1

I have used the Lansky system and yes they work if you have nothing else to do on a rainy day. I remember sitting in a shearing shed while a fella that sold knives gave us a demo, I guess if you have trouble getting a good edge with a steel or alike it may be for you. My advise is if you have a local butcher ask him his advise as he would know more than most about the subject but remember most people let there knife get to blunt and the try and sharpen, you need to keep touching it up to keep the edge and yes as Big-pete said angle is important but this takes practice with a steel. One more thing dont by a cheap steel.

Good luck

scotty

The Lansky Knife sharpening System Has anybody used it ? Is it any good ??????

Cheers Garry

G'day Garry,

Had the diamond stone Lansky system for 6 months now and love it. Easy to use and consistent results every time.

Dave

I have both the Lansky ceramic system and the smith diamond sharpening kit.

I find the smiths kit easier to use as the hones are a bit easier to hold and being diamond work a bit quicker.

Both good products and achieve a far superior edge to a steel.

As for butchers, when it comes to knives they are just that BUTCHERS.

My F.I.L. is a butcher and was amazed how sharp his knives were after a proper sharpen. I now do the whole shops knives every 6 months for a few beers. I admit they dont have the time to sharpen their knives properly every time they loose their edge.

Cheers Marlin