Luderick In The Harbour

ALEXANDER

WENT FOR A LUDERICK SESSION AT A FAVOURITE TODAY , WINDY BUT HAD GOOD WEED , DID THE USUAL BURLEY AND

TRIED FOR 2HRS HAD 5 DOWNS FOR 2 FISH ,FISH WENT 29CM AND 31CM ,BOTH FISH WERE RELEASED ,FOUND IT

HARD FOR THE FISH TO PLAY OTHERWISE ENJOYED THE AFTERNOON

ALEX

WENT FOR A LUDERICK SESSION AT A FAVOURITE TODAY , WINDY BUT HAD GOOD WEED , DID THE USUAL BURLEY AND

TRIED FOR 2HRS HAD 5 DOWNS FOR 2 FISH ,FISH WENT 29CM AND 31CM ,BOTH FISH WERE RELEASED ,FOUND IT

ALEX

It's bloody tough at the moment - I had a complete blank on Friday at Mosman which I didn't think possible !

ALEX

Thats still not too bad for only 2hrs worth of work!

I was out around middle head today with my old man for only 3 fish but pulled hooks on 4 and 2 of them were good size.

As soon as the wind picked up they all went and we could actually see tiny ones just nipping the weed. still a tough day out but its better than doin the housework :)

Pete

Starting to think it might be near the end of the season. I went out yesterday as well and struggled. Got 3 early at Pyrmont but just fish, around the 450-500gm. Headed to Walsh Bay and met up with Daniel (woodchuck). We fished for about 3 hours for two fish. Should have had three but Daniel wanted to try his underwater camera so when i finally managed to hook up, I let the fish just play around while Daniel got the camera ready. He managed to get a couple of pics but I'm really hoping he got a good shot of my fish swimming away to freedom after spitting the hook while he's taking the photos.:ranting2: Hopefully he can get a couple of photos posted on FR to see how they turned out.

Rick

It is quite at the moment - my Dad fished 2 different spots around Gladesville and 1 spot at Drummoyne spot on saturday for 1 dropped fish and 1 other down.

I am sure they are there somewhere - it is just finding them that is the tricky part :biggrin2:

Hey Woodchuck I am keen to see that underwater photo

gav

Hey Rick sorry to hear that you did not do very well yesterday.the fish must be in shutdown mode.I was beginning to think that the full moon was at fault so much for that idea.My fishing outing last thursday was disastrous with only one fish oh well there is always next week.By the way how did Daniel set up that underwater camera.

Cheers Steve

guys always found this time of the year the Cooks River fired well all the way up to Hurlstone Park (yes i know its polluted but if you want sport! catch nad release......) used to get fish to 3lbs used to get a lot on the south coast on flesh and a lot off the ledges at Glamarama! on pipis and cungee the old Malabar murk should fire on a calm day too! It was the case I found they headed back outside after spawning or went on to a diet including a lot of shellfish and worms i think they actually cleanse themselves, I am most likely wrong but it was always as a boy that this time of year was hard and started to fire up again in September! Try the rivers and lakes over weed beds and you should get a few or places where there are sand patches in the kelp like Balmoral, clifton Gardens the Spit or Parsley Bay and the Hermitage especially if the swell is running!

Starting to think it might be near the end of the season. I went out yesterday as well and struggled. Got 3 early at Pyrmont but just fish, around the 450-500gm. Headed to Walsh Bay and met up with Daniel (woodchuck). We fished for about 3 hours for two fish. Should have had three but Daniel wanted to try his underwater camera so when i finally managed to hook up, I let the fish just play around while Daniel got the camera ready. He managed to get a couple of pics but I'm really hoping he got a good shot of my fish swimming away to freedom after spitting the hook while he's taking the photos.:ranting2: Hopefully he can get a couple of photos posted on FR to see how they turned out.

Rick

Done!

Along the Parra at the moment the short rock string is everywhere. Out the back of mums it's almost long enough for bait, wonder if the blackfish are feeding well at the moment with the abundance of food making them harder to catch????

Greg

....Starting to think it might be near the end of the season........

he he Come up to Forster, they are here all year round!! My biggest blackie 45cm was caught at the end of November and I've been busted off by bigger at the same spot AND in the lake, around the washboards!! I was actually towed in my yak, by one monster from open water, back to the lease & was busted off!!

Very frustrating tho, when they aren't biting, tho, eh?

One day, I'll get out on the harbour & have a go at those monsters over in front of the Botanical Gardens, to the left of the Opera House!! :1yikes: I saw some REAL THUMPERS there last year!!! But you aren't allowed to fish from the Garden footpaths there!! :(

It'd be fun to slide the yak in there & give it a go, I reckon!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi all

I was with a fisho friend yesterday on the georges and we fished from Revesby to Lugarno and caught a fair few around 30-35 cm size kept some for a feed.Most were caught in the area of the moons So they are still on the chew here.

Regards Bob

I've had 3 quick trips in the Como / Tom Uglies Bridge area for a couple of just fish and a few throwbacks.

Maybe they are further upstream. This time last couple of years there have been dozens of fish.

I'll try up the Wonie next if the water doesn't get dirty from this rain.

Bruce