Harrington & Crowdy Head

rickb

How many Raiders spend a lot of time at Harrington

and Crowdy Head.

You can Pm if U prefer.

Cheers Rick.

Rick. . Humsey has rercently spent some time at Harrington , perhaps send him a PM.

A recent artical in one of the fishing Mag's gives Crowdy Head a big wrap especially with boat launching & safe access to the sea.

Access to the sea at Harrington normally requires crossing the bar so the 7 km trip to C.H. is well worth it but if you prefer river fishing then the Manning river is the go.

If you make the trip , will be interested to see your report as I have a trip to Harrington penciled in for November

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

Hi Geoff and Fester,

Thanks for replies, I use to be a pro at crowdy back in 80's,I left in 86

and have not been back down,my days were no gps all marks where taken with left and right angles.

I still remember all the marks,I know the mountain range is the same,but worried about large lone pines

we used especially for trag and jew,we will be moving back soon around coopernook.

Geoff November will be great thats when big snapper move in.Breeding time .

Let me know when your coming up,I hope to be back by then,I told Byron the other night I was moving back,he was talking about you.ALL GOOD.

cheers Rick.

G'day Rick,

I had a bash for jew on the beach in late June. Fished 3 nights running but found the going slow. Lots of banjos, shovel noses and rays with a few tailor and salmon thrown in. Had much greater success in the same spot at the same time of year, 4 years ago. The spot for live slimies was as reliable as back then though.

Would love to spend more time up there with my boat. Beautiful part of the world.

Hi Geoff and Fester,

Thanks for replies, I use to be a pro at crowdy back in 80's,I left in 86

and have not been back down,my days were no gps all marks where taken with left and right angles.

I still remember all the marks,I know the mountain range is the same,but worried about large lone pines

we used especially for trag and jew,we will be moving back soon around coopernook.

Geoff November will be great thats when big snapper move in.Breeding time .

Let me know when your coming up,I hope to be back by then,I told Byron the other night I was moving back,he was talking about you.ALL GOOD.

cheers Rick.

Rick Will definatly be in touch if the trip eventuates. Should know by early October

Geoff

G'day Rick,

I had a bash for jew on the beach in late June. Fished 3 nights running but found the going slow. Lots of banjos, shovel noses and rays with a few tailor and salmon thrown in. Had much greater success in the same spot at the same time of year, 4 years ago. The spot for live slimies was as reliable as back then though.

Would love to spend more time up there with my boat. Beautiful part of the world.

Hi Humesy, I typed you out a reply at lunch time,must have missed the attach key.

Yeah it is gods country up here,never fished beach,when it was too rough,fished the rocks behind lighthouse,where pro's had mullet drying racks,like Geoff give me a bell when your coming up and we can give them a go.

Cheers Rick.