Reel Corrosion

gje

I'm not meticulous in cleaning and servicing my reels, however, I do rinse and clean after every outing and oil and lube every so often - maybe 3-4 times a year.

What I have noticed on some of my reels are small area's of corrosion which is green in colour.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to remove this without causing any damage to the reel.

Cheers,

Scoop

I'm not meticulous in cleaning and servicing my reels, however, I do rinse and clean after every outing and oil and lube every so often - maybe 3-4 times a year.

What I have noticed on some of my reels are small area's of corrosion which is green in colour.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to remove this without causing any damage to the reel.

Cheers,

Scoop

is ur reel made of copper?? because thats the color of the corrosion of copper and if so. i think its fine without polishing. its not like iron where you need to remove the corrosion

Can you take some photos and post them Scoop?

Cheers, Slinky

I haven't yet mastered how to post photos yet.I'm a bit like Tony Abbot ie not much of a techno head.... but I will learn soon.

Tried the polish and this worked really well. I will be a bit more thorough in future when cleaning my reels after a session.

Thanks for all the comments.

Scoop