Long Reef

hookmeup

G'day raiders, heading out early Fri morn from Cottage Point,decent boat approx 6.5 mt with 175 Honda, planning to go to Long Reef (approx how long would it take from say Lion island) as I always seem to hear pretty good reports from there, we have never fished there ,Roughly how far out from land, someone told me there were quite a lot of reefs somewhere there but we have no idea,

G'day raiders, heading out early Fri morn from Cottage Point,decent boat approx 6.5 mt with 175 Honda, planning to go to Long Reef (approx how long would it take from say Lion island) as I always seem to hear pretty good reports from there, we have never fished there ,Roughly how far out from land, someone told me there were quite a lot of reefs somewhere there but we have no idea,

It really depends on the conditions, i've done it in about 20min from lion island in fairly flat seas, but its also taken me over an hour to get back in sloppy conditions...

The reef goes a fair way out with a lot of wrecks in about 100m of water....

It really depends on the conditions, i've done it in about 20min from lion island in fairly flat seas, but its also taken me over an hour to get back in sloppy conditions...

The reef goes a fair way out with a lot of wrecks in about 100m of water....

Thanks for the replies fellas, bring on the snapper

Thanks for the replies fellas, bring on the snapper

Hey mate,

with my 115 yammy, on a swiftcraft dominator 5.45 cuddy cabin, i can get there in about 30 minutes, or 45 minutes, with a meter or over swell, never had a flat run out.

I found however, that you can probably do avalon gutter, reggies, boultins, and even newport reef, save fuel, and get about the same results.. plus you will get more hours fishing.

Though, if you do go to longy, try to google long reef GPS fishing, and you will be able to find some marks other have put up. Then motor to their marks, and i like to drive around a bit and suss out the terrain within a few hundred feet before setting my drift.

Good luck dude.