Narrabeen Again! 26/8/10

samboy

Gday Raiders,

Hiles and Myself headed back to North Narrabeen last night again for the third time this week. We were hoping to hook onto a couple more salmon and maybe a jew. We brought two of our mates along also- Renno and Digs- in hope of catching them a nice fish each. Slow start to the night with Hiles hooking onto more crabs than I've seen in my life! Then around 8pm i was helping Digs hook up his bait or something when I turned to see my rod on the sand. I Ran over and pulled in my very first salmon at 62cm on a single hook with a bit of pilchard! After a lengthy hour and a half and having moved positions further north toward the lake, Hiles hooked onto a 55cm salmon on squid! All in all a slow night but definitely worth the rewards. Pics are below

post-15444-128288844853_thumb.jpg

post-15444-128288854595_thumb.jpg

Hey George you mention getting sand in reels of the beach I gather you dont use an Alvey.By the way can you tell me what your jew outfit of the beach is what rod and reel and breaking strain line do you use.

Cheers Steve

Well done guys, for giving it a go in this cold and better more catching fish. Should try some of those sand crabs if you bring any up, they are sweeter meat than the blue swimmers also get some good rod holders for the beach, will work out cheaper than getting sand in your reels and need servicing.

Cheers,

George.

Thanks Goerge, we have a couple of holder just not enough for everyone that night so out of the 7 rods there the one to get hit was not in a holder!! haha

Hi guys,

I was up the northern end of the beach just near the lake entrance last night.

Was having a little kip when all of a sudden inearly get pulled out of my seat!!!!

Thank god it was the rod with good line on it, the other rod i had was spooled with 4lb line.

First the fish took off out to sea with the reel singing, and then the fish ran straight back in and effectively beached itself, ending up with a 65 - 70cm salmon. I was pretty stoked with that. PB as well

Looked like it had been eating some slimies.

I only had one other hit whilst chatting to one of the other blokes right near by. The reel sang and then everything went light. Missed it :(

oh well

Still a tops night

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Goerge, we have a couple of holder just not enough for everyone that night so out of the 7 rods there the one to get hit was not in a holder!! haha

Well done more fine Sambo's lads... biggrin2.gif

I made my own rod holder from PVC piping I bought from a hardware store- I use a mallet to whack em into the sand and they dont budge- even under extreme tension on the rod!

Rod holders are a beach fisho's most needed piece of equipment- I wouldnt go to ANY beach without mine they stay in my car @ all times and its also handy to take a deck chair with you for those long nights waiting for fish - but they can be a hassle to carry when you already got a bucketload of fish and may require multiple trips to the carpark.

This is encouraging for me as Im off up the Central Coast with Johnny next weekend we are hoping to get into a few Sambo's ourselves- they are starting to school up around the heads and should be thick on the beaches within the next month or 6 weeks.