Nathan & Johnny Get Out For A Fish!

Brooker435

Raiders,

Myself and Johnny (FisherDoi) got out on My Boat yesterday for a Fish in the Harbour.

We Tried a Spot that I found on the sounder that I was keen on trying near Drummoyne,

We Decided on launching from a different Boat Ramp near Gladesville to save time but Unfortunately

there was Absoloutely no parking anywhere :ranting2: so Back in the car we went and off to Kissing Point Boat Ramp!!!!

there goes about 45 mins :thumbdown:

After all that was sorted we finally got out on the water about 10.45am Boat fired up 1st go and away we went finally arriving at our destination at 11:30am and settled into some fishing.

We were armed with a cocktail of Baits Beach Worms, Squid, Slimey Macrel, Mullet and of course Johnny as Always has his Soft Plastics handy

I leave all my gear on the Boat now also so I chucked on a Blade and had a toss for about 1/2 and hour for zilch!!!!

In this time Johnny had allready picked up around 3 Undersize Flatties so I decided to Join him using Soft Plastics.

I loaded up a Pumpkin Seed Minnow Grup 4in and he was Using a Squidgey Unsure on the type...

Not long after that I picked up the first Legal Fish for the Day a Nice healthy flattie going just shy of 50cms high fives all round as once I

felt the fish hit the Plastic we both thought it was another undersize one but as I starting bringing it in it woke up and was a good little

fight have not caught a flattie of that Size for quite some time especially on the 6lb Braid good fun :thumbup:

anyway no more flatties after that apart from a few undersized ones and the odd pinkie and undersized bream for the next hour or so then Johnny

Hooks onto something with alot of stamina plus he likes fishing very light drag so his reel was screaming for a while after a very long couple

of minutes a Legal trevally comes on board :thumbup: I was impressed for a small fish they put on a great tussle Johnny said the next one he

Catches he will let me fight it so 30 minutes after that sure enough he was on again so it was my turn could not take the smile off my face especially when they take their lunges so another trevally on board around the same size!!!!

Johnny continued catching undersized flatties and then It was my turn to hook a trevally on my Rod and a new personal best for me 34cm mark

and another great Fight :biggrin2: wouldnt mind catching more trevally from now on not sure what they are like to eat but Johnny knows how

to cook them so I gave him the one I caught plus the Flatty due to lack of freeser Space I was just happy to get out and get a few fish

Enjoy the Feed Johnny!!!!! :biggrin2:

All in all a Great Day to Be out.

heres some photos of our adventure,

Regards,

Nathan

post-9366-128303881988_thumb.jpg

Sounder Image,

post-9366-128303887881_thumb.jpg

My Flattie,

post-9366-128303891577_thumb.jpg

Johnny's Trevally,

post-9366-128303898123_thumb.jpg

My Trevally,

NICE 1 Nath & Johnny- great to hear you bagged a few... thumbup.gif

Last time I checked water temp round my area was down to just above 11 degrees a few weeks ago- very chilly indeed!... Its good the water temp has increased marginally over the last few weeks to above 15 degrees- maybe a promise of better things to come eh!1prop.gif

Johnny and I are hittin up the beach next weekend hopefully, so you wanna tag along feel free to organise with myself or Johnny.

Tight lines

Anthony

:)

thanx once again nath for having me out on your boat mate.had a ball,even though the wind got a bit gusty at times.congrats on landing the fish of the day & scoring you new pb trev.they sure know how to fight hard on light line for a small fish dont they.wait til you hook a 50cm+ model.even though we got some big hits on bait,it was good to land 90% of our fish today on plastics.i just love my plastics.to know you'v fooled a fish & triggered it to commit to an artificial is just awesome & a real buzz for me & im sure plenty raiders feel the same way.

thanx for the day on your boat nath & i cant wait till the water warms so we can get into some of those drag screaming kingies. :biggrin2: .bring it on,cant wait.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

thanx once again nath for having me out on your boat mate.had a ball,even though the wind got a bit gusty at times.congrats on landing the fish of the day & scoring you new pb trev.they sure know how to fight hard on light line for a small fish dont they.wait til you hook a 50cm+ model.even though we got some big hits on bait,it was good to land 90% of our fish today on plastics.i just love my plastics.to know you'v fooled a fish & triggered it to commit to an artificial is just awesome & a real buzz for me & im sure plenty raiders feel the same way.

thanx for the day on your boat nath & i cant wait till the water warms so we can get into some of those drag screaming kingies. :biggrin2: .bring it on,cant wait.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

Glad you had a good day!!!! thanks for mentioning all the other stuff I missed :biggrin2:

Yeah Johnny Bring on the Kings cant wait...

The Boat will be worked on for a couple of weeks adding a few extras and we will organise a outing once again!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

You think it was only just over a year ago when we first met and now look at you.

How much fun is it getting out on your own boat.

You mentioned that your motor started first pop? Have you been having some issues.

My motor always starts, eventually, but I stress none the less.

Great to be out though hey!!

Cheers

Peter

You think it was only just over a year ago when we first met and now look at you.

How much fun is it getting out on your own boat.

You mentioned that your motor started first pop? Have you been having some issues.

My motor always starts, eventually, but I stress none the less.

Great to be out though hey!!

Cheers

Peter

Peter,

One year has gone so quick!!!

I Cant believe how time flies, Actually I have not been up your way for quite some time now do you fish the Beach anymore?

I have been lucky enough to meet people like yourself, Ray and Pete (Tide 'n' Knots) and learnd a thing or two from you all and have become

A fishing fanatic!!!! the only issue is Money :biggrin2: but I am getting there slowly.

I Bought My boat real cheap and have fixed everything up bit by bit shes a little old and small but for a first boat totalling just under $3500 cant complain at all ill put up a post on members boats once I am bothered to take some photos.

When I first bought the Boat she was very hard to start.. But My Dad rebuilt and cleaned the carbies and gave her a little bit of a tune and now she is running like a champ!! lets just hope my boat gives me a good run over summer.

How is your boat going????

And I agree its great to be out there :thumbup:

All the Best Bring on the Warm weather!!!

Regards,

Nathan

nice one boys good to see you get a few!I went out last weekend myself but didnt bother putting up a post as I only caught 2 blackfish and a nice flathead. I think the flathead was caught in the same area as yours nathan and I have a feeling that when the water warms up a touch it will be a hot spot for them! like you said bring on the warm weather!

pete.

Sounds like an awesome day mate. Nice to see the locals getting together for a fish and also really good to hear your boat is finally up and running. I haven't taken my boat out for ages. I just managed to do a bit of work on my trailer. Got all the rust removed etc.

nice one boys good to see you get a few!I went out last weekend myself but didnt bother putting up a post as I only caught 2 blackfish and a nice flathead. I think the flathead was caught in the same area as yours nathan and I have a feeling that when the water warms up a touch it will be a hot spot for them! like you said bring on the warm weather!

pete.

Pete,

Were you out last Saturday? as Johnny and I saw a boat Similar to your's drive past us but without the canopy.

we were in the small yellow boat!! anyway Pete happy Fathers day :biggrin2: hopefully this wind settles down soon

and we can tee up in the near future I have high hopes for this spot hopefully I am right!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Sounds like an awesome day mate. Nice to see the locals getting together for a fish and also really good to hear your boat is finally up and running. I haven't taken my boat out for ages. I just managed to do a bit of work on my trailer. Got all the rust removed etc.

Hey Steve,

good to hear you have done some work on the Trailer did you do the rollers also?

The boat is probably as good as she is going to get now for her age.

For fathers day my wife has let me buy a few more bits and pieces so ill be going hard in the garage today fitting everything.

Putting in a CD/MP3 player, Horn and a Switch so I can run dual batteries as I dont want to get stuck out there!!!

if I can be bothered I will also fit a volt guage and inspect the wheel bearings on the trailer as with this wind I dont really want to leave the house!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Pete,

Were you out last Saturday? as Johnny and I saw a boat Similar to your's drive past us but without the canopy.

we were in the small yellow boat!! anyway Pete happy Fathers day :biggrin2: hopefully this wind settles down soon

and we can tee up in the near future I have high hopes for this spot hopefully I am right!!!

Regards,

Nathan

gday nathan, I went out with my girlfriend last saturday and fished for blackfish for most of the day then had lunch at the fish markets in blackwattle bay and fished that area near iron cove late in the arvo around 4pm. The canopy was down so it was possible that it was me!

pete