Is There A Boat Ramp In Lane Cove

dmad_dood

There is no ramp in the National Park... But there is one at the end of Kooyong St in Lane Cove. Not sure how big a boat you are launching... It gets VERY shallow at low tide but the major advantage is that hardly anyone uses the ramp. Other disadvantage is that here is no pontoon or anything there - difficult if you are launching/retrieving solo.

Your other option is Drummoyne ramp - just over the Gladesville Bridge - way closer than Tunks Park.

Greenwich is the closest ramp to Lane Cove... its 3 bays from my place and I live on Lane Cove River next to Tambourine Bay- Tunks is MILES from away there are also other closer ramps, even Parra River ramps are closer than Tunks...

There is a ramp in Lane Cove but its private ramp for Riverview College rowing club...

Edited by wannabefisho

Funny how Lane Cove National Park is miles away from Lane Cove. biggrin2.gif

I think it is called so, because the Lane Cove RIVER starts from there.

Its illegal to take powered vessels into LCNP, people power only (yaks, canoes OK) and even if you could get a tinnie in there, you wouldnt make it that far up river its too shallow for anything with a motor, lol

Only a 4.2m tinny

That sucks thou, its really awesome place but it makes sense wacko.gif

Thanks for the help

You can hire canoes and stuff from the boat shed, or better still walk the banks and flick some plastics or HB's around ... I hear there are some Bass and EP's up past the weir... I havent tried there though personally... and its a limit of 1 rod per angler... Been meaning to try there myself just am too lazy and too easy for me to go local 5min away from my place...

Agree its a nice place, but if you wanna take ya tinnie why not try around East Ryde and up to the M2 overpass- uyour tinnie should get in there no problems, and its not that far from Greenwich ramp...

Just a thought

Good luck all the same, LCR can be a top spot but hasnt fired for a while (for me at least, lol)

Anthony