Free Lure

ray henry

who will be the first raider to post a photo of their fish caught with the free lure from to days daily telegraph it wont be me iam grounded to the back yard b b q area for food and beer happy fathers day to all raider dads and those who are working on it ray

Yet i bet they still had plenty of papers...

Some young bloke out the back filling the tackle box i'm sure...

The lady at my local corner shop kept a lure for me because she knows I go fishing. She said for 40-odd papers she only got 8 lures - to be fair most people don't care (I know - weirdos!) so she was just giving them out to people that were interested.

• 4 weeks later...

I got this 49cm Flathead from the lake at Budgewoi on a Daily Telegraph lure. I've always liked fishing but I have never put a lot of effort into learning the game. I'm taking the time now to read the posts on this site, which are a great help.

post-9571-040581500 1286315034_thumb.jpg

I got this 49cm Flathead from the lake at Budgewoi on a Daily Telegraph lure. I've always liked fishing but I have never put a lot of effort into learning the game. I'm taking the time now to read the posts on this site, which are a great help.

:1welcomeani: to the forums mate. A nice flatty on a free lure ... ya can't complain about that! Enjoy the forums. There is plenty of info in here covering all aspects of fishing. Good luck

Cheers

Hodgey

This is the free lure from the Daily Telegraph that I used to get the flathead. One of the guys I was fishing with (a more experienced fisherman then me) said I would get nothing with a lure, and especially with that one! I used it as a bit of a joke, but also I read on here that the cost of a lure is the not the be all, and end all of lure fishing. I throw in 3 - 4 times with the Tele lure, then landed the flatty. I used it for an hour session after this for no results. I also used bream lures (not from the Tele), but no luck with them. My mates caught a few small bream (most approx 20cm) on prawns and bread. We fished near the Budgewoi Caravan Park and around the timber bridge.

post-9571-015627800 1286323771_thumb.jpg